Author Topic: PAGE family arrived South Australia from 1850  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Deb07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PAGE family arrived South Australia from 1850
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 January 17 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I should add that my name is Deb

Offline Janine G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 January 17 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deb, how exciting to find another cousin! Helen Page (Hogg) is my great grandmother. My grandmother is Linda Gurr (Hogg) My family tree is on MyHeritage, are you on this site ...or Ancestry? I have no family of Royston so would love to include your side of the family. I remember Uncle Wilf & Uncle Lester (both bachelors) as my grandma Linda lived on their farm in Darkes Peake in their later years & I spent school holidays there. Do you live in Adelaide? I have also seen White Hall in Mitcham also Haverhill where the Hogg's were born also still stands & looks beautifully cared for. Have you seen the family plots in the Mitcham Cemetery?  Warm Regards Janine Skurray (nee Gurr)

Offline Deb07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 January 17 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeanine,
Your grandmother is my great great aunt. If you look at page 200 of the book Whence we Inherit you will see my lineage. My great grandparents are Royston Hogg (brother of Linda) and Maud Wells.
They had 5 children. Richard, Leonard, Winifred, Audrey, Marjorie.
Richard married Pauline (no issue); Leonard married Patricia (3 kids, Susan, Philip, michael) I won't go further on that family at this stage.
Winifried married Ross mayor (no issue)
Marjorie married Reece stevens(no issue)
Audrey married Herbert Hensel (2 children, Adrienne and Janet, janet died age 45 not married no issue)
Adrienne married John hewitt (3 children Melissa, Paul, Deborah - me)
I can add more detail to this side of the family later but perhaps by email when we are allowed to contact each other direct. Hope that helps for now.

Offline Deb07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 January 17 01:33 GMT (UK) »
That is Ross magor not mayor

Offline Janine G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 02 January 17 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deb Thank you, not sure why I missed adding your lot to my tree, must have missed it, will do it now & check I haven't missed any others. It will be great to exchange more family info and I would love to see a photo of Helen! Do you live in South Australia? Perhaps one day we can catch up. In the meantime we will contact here. Cheers Janine

Offline Deb07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 06 January 17 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeanine, I'm in SA. It would be great to meet up. Do you know when/how we can message each other direct?

Offline katherine1er

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 27 July 17 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I grew up from age 3-19/20 on Hoggs Road (1993-2009 ish) right in front of the end of Pages Road and am loving this thread. My family had the house until around 2010. I found this thread by Googling Hoggs Road looking for some photos now I live interstate and was feeling nostalgic, reflective. I was wondering if anyone had any old family photos of the landscape/ area from the past? I am especially hoping to see it from before it was all paved etc, alas I know that is a long throw! I feel so lucky to have grown up roaming the area with my sisters and neighbourhood friends (many young kids on Hoggs Road, we grew up together), and feel very connected to the gum trees. Thanks, Katherine

Offline Janine G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 27 July 17 23:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Katherine, my great great grandparents were founding residents in the village of Mitcham. Hoggs Rd & Pages Rd were named after them. I don't have any photos of the streets, but I do have photos of their homes. I also have lots of photos of Mitcham Reserve and surrounding areas but they are mainly gum tree scenes and no exact location but they are very early photos around turn of the century. Both these homes are still standing. Harverhill, 6 Hoggs Rd and White Hall in Pages Rd. Sadly this site appears to not allow personal contact or to post photos. If you google both these properties and history of Mitcham, you should find photos. Regards Janine

Offline Johnf04

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 28 July 17 00:50 BST (UK) »
If Katherine makes 2 more posts, you will be able to use the Personal Message system (the little document icon below your username)

John
Farrell  - Ayrshire
Cairns - Ayrshire
McCann - Ayrshire
Brown - Ayrshire
Petty - Yorkshire, Durham
Lucas - Staffordshire, Durham
Whitaker - Yorkshire
Thackrah - Yorkshire
Stephenson - Durham
Marshall - Yorkshire
Walker - Staffordshire, Southland New Zealand