Author Topic: Alton, Hampshire.  (Read 6795 times)

Offline Tim Ayling

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alton, Hampshire.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 March 09 13:08 GMT (UK) »
I have been driving myself insane trying to find a birth record for my great-great grandfather Jesse Ayling (Jesse is my middle name, so it continues to be handed down :) ) for some time now, so I was really interested, Jane, to see your theory that he may have been baptised James. Have you been able to find any material to back this up? I have Jesse's death certificate from 1882, which gives his age as 77, just to confuse matters further. I was really pleased to see you associate him with James Ayling and Mary Issacs, as a distant relative of mine in the US found Jesse on the 1851 census when he had a nephew living with him, which she used to trace Jesse's brother's parentage, which seemed to be James and Mary. It's so frustrating that no records exists, as I want to follow this line more than any other.

Offline Chainsaw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alton, Hampshire.
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 September 12 12:48 BST (UK) »
It's so good to hear that this family is still thriving. My mother passed away this year, and her only surviving male sibling does have children, so the story continues.
But I would like to push the curtain back on earlier generations if at all possible. Does any members of the Ayling clan have more information ??

Offline ayling1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile