Author Topic: Tanner,s of Bampton  (Read 13438 times)

Offline Teejo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tanner,s of Bampton
« on: Friday 10 October 08 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi
Looking to connect with anyone connected to the TANNER,S of Bampton.
Teejo

Offline PollyC.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Tanner,s of Bampton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 March 09 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Teejo
My next door neighbours are Tanners and we live in Bampton Oxfordshire. I'll tell them you're looking for them.  :)
Cambray Camhay

Offline Teejo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Pollyc
Thanks that would be wonderful, of course there is always the possibilty that they wont be interested but in case they are, my grandfather was Joseph Tanner B. 19 nov Bampton, his parents were John Tanner B. 1851 Bampton and Rose Hannah Newman B 1850. Grandads grandparents were Joseph Tanner B. 1808 Bampton and Martha Maria Simpson B. 1811. If they are related i have done quite a bit of research on the Tanners if they are interested, I,ll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again. :)

Offline Teejo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 15:56 BST (UK) »
Sorry forgot to put grandads year of birth 1887

Offline PollyC.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Teejo
I will pass on your information and see if they are interested. I noticed there were a lot of Tanners in Bampton in 1881. I was looking at the census for my great grandfather who was also here at that time.
Cambray Camhay

Offline Teejo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for that. Yes there seems to have been a lot of Tanners over the generations, my Mum and Aunt always assumed their father only had 3 sisters and a brother until i found on the census that he was one of 11, 3 died very young. He only had one living brother to carry on the Tanner name from that branch as grandad had 3 daughters.
Grandads  grandfathers brother Charles Tanner B.1876 was the leader of the Bampton morris dancers in the mid century.
Regards Teejo

Offline CJ1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 September 10 16:01 BST (UK) »
Hi i wonder if you would be interested, I am related to the Tanners of Bampton. I have just started my family tree & have come across Joseph Tanner B. 1808 and Martha Simpson B. 1811. Married 1833. My line continues through Edwin B.1839-D.1873. So I think our common ancestor is Joseph. Would much appreciate any information you may have on my family. Caroline Timms 
I am looking for anyone who can help me find  Tanners of Bampton Oxfordshire. Joseph Tanner B. 1808  & Martha Maria Simpson B.1811. Thanking you in advance

Offline Teejo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline yes you are related to me, sorry for the delay in replying i,ve been away at work and i,m not gonna be able to get much to you this week until poss tue as i,m off again tomorrow for a long weekend in Ireland.
But yes Martha and Joseph were my great great grandparents. Which Edwin are you decended from Edwin born 1838 or my grandads brother b 1875 ?
I am in contact with 2 more Tanner decendents, grandaughters of 2 of my grandads sister,s. I have photo,s and some certs as well.
Where are you living ?
My e.mail (*)
Regards  Teresa

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline CJ1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 12 September 10 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Teresa, It appears that i am related to Edwin B. 1838. I am awaiting the marriage cert of his son John (My Great Grandfather) to confirm the link. John married Annie Elizabeth Robins 1895 & their Daughter Fanny Elizabeth E. Tanner, my Grandmother married Henry Joseph Timms 1915, & their son Christopher G. E. Timms is my Father . I am in the very early stages of tracing my Family tree, & i would be very grateful for any information you may have to help me in my search. As i had only started my Family tree 3 weeks ago, i was so excited to be contacted so early in my search. I still have Timms family living in Bampton. I am now living in West Devon. Many Thank Caroline :)
I am looking for anyone who can help me find  Tanners of Bampton Oxfordshire. Joseph Tanner B. 1808  & Martha Maria Simpson B.1811. Thanking you in advance