Author Topic: Gaughan/Munnelly - Belmullet  (Read 21694 times)

Offline Camihart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gaughan/Munnelly - Belmullet
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 18:56 GMT (UK) »
That's awesome! Thanks for all the leads! I have run across John O'Hart in my research as he would probably be of the generation prior to my James but I can't find anything on his family or any connection links to James or Barbara. Thanks again for the help!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I was just playing around with the free search for Mayo on RootsIreland. It's limited what you can do with the search but I can't get a result for Owen Hart.
Good few James Hart.
They have two marriage records for Barbara Gaughan between 1862 and 1872, (each search is +/-5) no way of telling who she married without a sub.
There is one marriage in 1867 in the Civil Index so I guess the other should be before 1864. I don't see a James Hart match for the 1867 marriage.

Offline terrilbaby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 02:48 GMT (UK) »
I just came across more of the HARTs due to a dna match in my MEER/MEARS family to CONBOY.  Louisa Eliza CONBOY (1820-1897) m John HART (1815-1894).  They were both b Co Sligo just outside Ballina, Co Mayo, and emigrated to Pleasant, Switzerland county, IN, USA.  His father Hugh HART b abt 1795.  One of Louisa-John's dau is named Barbara Anna "Barbary" HART (1860-1943), no doubt namesake for Barbara GAUGHAN.  I also learned some pronounce GAUGHAN as "Giffen"...the GH is often an "F" in Scotland and "K" in Ireland.  So keep that in mind as you look GAUGHAN=GOFF=MCGOFF=MCGUFFIN=GOOKIN=MCGOOKIN....pretty crazy!

Offline Camihart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 17:30 GMT (UK) »
WOW- I checked my DNA matches for the Conboy name and I have quite a few matches - so I think this could be a really good lead for me! I also noticed that Johns son was named James as well as their daughter Barbara- I feel like I need to explore the records for Hugh Hart in Sligo to see if this was possibly James's father too! Thanks again for your help!

Offline terrilbaby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Cami, I tried to send you a PM but it didn't work and I can't do this w'out a personal contact.  I have a very small dna project at FTDNA and there are 3 HARTs in it.  I would like to put you in contact with each other.  Can you find me on Facebook? Search for Libbet. I am also in a Co Mayo genealogy group and Munnelly group there which often can help answer Q's.  If you can send me a PM here that might also work.  You & I may already have a dna match as well.

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Terrilbaby -
New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

So even replying to this thread with 2 more posts will unlock the pm facility for you. Cami would need to do they same
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline terrilbaby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the support!
I am looking for FORD, FOY, MANLEY/MUNNELLY, MEARS/MEER/MYERS all from Co Mayo.  I have a very large collection in my tree including "prospective" but not proven related.  From Mayo they all went to Canada, USA (IL, PA, MD, MA, NY mainly).
I have posted 10x already.

Offline Camihart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 11 February 16 17:54 GMT (UK) »
 Yes! I would like to be involved in anything that would help me on my search- plus I love finding new cousins. I had my DNA done through Ancestry so I'm not sure how to compare those results with anything outside of that site. I have to admit I'm some what of a novice at the genealogy thing. I checked out the Mayo page- love it! Fascinating to see the Gaughans that still live there! I bet our DNA would be a match!