Author Topic: Stewart/Stuart and Davidson of Knockbain and Kilmuir  (Read 10691 times)

Offline IainT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stewart/Stuart and Davidson of Knockbain and Kilmuir
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheila.

I am Jean's nephew. The family tree is:

Farquhar Stewart married Jane Ann Hutcheon (Portgordon), and their children were, Isobel (my mother), Jean, Ada and Robbie.

Isobel married William John Taylor (Buckie) and their children are me, Brian and Steven.
Jean married Tom McDonald (Elgin) and their children are Susan, Stewart and Alison.
Ada married Stewart Campbell (Edinburgh) and their children are Ann and Alan. Stewart died in Australia and Ada married Max Richardson (England) and their daughter is Maxine.
Robbie married Rita Rennie (Portsoy) and their children are Jill, Kevin and Sonya.

What a small world.

Offline Sheila G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 23:09 BST (UK) »
It certainly is...that makes us 2nd cousins!!

Thanks for the family tree, I'll add that to my spread sheet..I'm determined that one day I'll actually get all my info in one place.

My line is: Helen Stewart married William George Simpson and their children were William, James (known as Stewart), Helen (my mother), they then moved first to Reay in Caithness where Isabella and Margaret were born. Later they moved to Gelston in Dumfriesshire. Helen also had a daughter before she was married who was brought up by out Great Grandparents Robbie and Elsie Jane.

William married Gloria Long in Dumfries 1954 Children Billy and Christopher

All the following were married in Kirkcudbright.

Stewart married Martha Keenan 1950 Children Stewart, Lesley, William Kay and Richard

Helen married Derek Hancock 1949 Children Helen, Derek and Sheila (me)

Isabella married William Anderson 1954. Children Elizabeth and Colin

Margaret married Donald Clement 1953, Children Susan, Anne and Lynda

Offline IainT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 September 16 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheila,

That's amazing, but not as amazing as a discovery I made a few months ago that one of my oldest friends and I had the same great-great-grandfather, on Farquhar Stewart's side. We only met as students - she from Forfar and myself from Elgin.

I have quite an extensive ancestor chart at myheritage.com which I am more than happy to send on to you in the event that it might be of help.

Best wishes,

Iain

Offline IainT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 September 16 09:19 BST (UK) »
..not on Farquhar Stewart's side but his wife, my granny Jane Ann Hutcheon's side.

Offline Sheila G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 September 16 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Iain.
That would be great..thankyou. My tree is on GenesReunited and zoompast (just because it looks great on there), and I have a tree on a spreadsheet that I could send you. I do have a myheritage acc. but not paid up on it so can't view other peoples trees.  Can you open it up to guests?
Amazing that you and your friend turned out to be related, as you say, it's a small world. Len (sister Helen) and I were in Moray Heritage centre a few years back doing some research and were chatting to lady called Ann who was doing some volunteer work there, she later realized that we are related through the Stewarts and emailed Len to let us know.
You can contact me at sheilag60 at Hotmail . com

Sheila

Offline Sheila G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 22:29 BST (UK) »
agj183
Hi
I think your Kenneth may have been the brother of my 3xGr Grandfather, William Stewart, son of Thomas and Helen, he was born c1780 knockbain. He married and Isabel McKenzie, daughter of Colin and Barbara Mclennan of Killearnan. His sons were Thomas, Colin, John, Helen, Kenneth and Barbara. all born between 1814 and 1829 at Knockbain.
I'm very interested in the family bible you mentioned! Where would I be able to find it.