Author Topic: Birth date & Emigration details: Chute, W. B  (Read 8234 times)

Offline yves

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth date & Emigration details: Chute, W. B
« on: Tuesday 21 October 08 05:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for opening my message!!
Here is what I know so far
My mother only knew her great grandfathers name; William burleigh Chute.
During my research I found the chute family web page with only this name beneath Rev Jon Chute and Jane lucinda Burleigh.
I think this could be the same person, if it is then he was born in county cork Ireland possibly 1832?
I also found this name printed in a book called School of engineering; examination for diploma (1857) I believe this could be the same person?
If this is correct then he somehow got to Fiji where my mother was born and started a family there. I have found out W.B's brother emigrated to Australia in about 1872? so this must be the link
If anyone could help me you would make my mum really happy and would make my day!!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth date & Emigration details: Chute, W. B
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 08:04 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. To trace your family back you need to verify the facts at every stage and not assume everything you find in a book, in a newspaper, on a website, etc. is correct.
If W.B. Chute was born in Co. Cork, Ireland in 1832 there will be no birth certificate so you will have to search for church records (of they exist) to get a baptismal record to show the names of his parents.
Have you actually traced each generation in your family back to William Burleigh Chute? (births, marriages, death, census records, etc.) If so, where and when was he born?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline CIS2009

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 February 09 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, interestingly enough, my husband's great grandfather is also William Burleigh Chute , and only info we have is that he came from County Cork. Havent been able to go any further than his arrival into Fiji

Offline Brendan Joseph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 March 09 17:23 GMT (UK) »
The ancestoral home of the Chute's in Ireland was at Chute Hall which is just outside Tralee, Co. Kerry. The ruins are still standing.

Brendan

Offline jackstorm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 November 09 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi, interestingly enough, my husband's great grandfather is also William Burleigh Chute , and only info we have is that he came from County Cork. Havent been able to go any further than his arrival into Fiji

Hi only just joined this site. I am the great great granddaughter of a William Burleigh Chute. His son William Chute married a Gilbertese woman and they had one daugther...Mareta Chute.....I am one of her grandkids. I have been told that he is also from Cork County as well.

Offline chute

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Yves,

William's parents were  John Lindsay CHUTE (Rector Of Dingle Co. Kerry)  and Jane Lucinda DOBBS BURLEIGH - this was John Lindsay CHUTE's first marriage and Willaim was his second son in this marriage.

William's mother was the daughter of William Dobbs Burleigh, of Burleigh Hill, Carrickfergus and Ann daughter of Thomas Wills of Willsgrove Co. Roscommon.

After having 8 children with Jane Lucinda John Lindsay CHUTE married again to Josephine HAINES and had another child.

John Lindsay CHUTE was the 2nd son of Arthur CHUTE of Co Kerry and Frances LINDSAY of Cork. Arthur was the 5th son of Francis CHUTE of Co Kerry and Ruth FALKINER of Co Cork.

The CHUTE family are from Co Kerry - outside Tralee and ARTHUR and all of his ancestors and descendants would be from the CHUTES of Co Kerry - William being born is Cork could be something as simple as his mother giving birth in her paternal home or the family travelling to or from the port of Co Cork.

I'd appreciate it if you could send me some information on William's descendants and the Chutes of Fiji.

Regards Richard Chute

Offline Brendan Joseph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard & Yves,

I have the whole family tucked away in the back of my website. 46 MB

http://www.researchireland.com/BLENNERHASSETT.pdf

Brendan

Offline tui_rosemary

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My Uncle is one of the Chutes from Fiji, William Burleigh Chute is his great great grandfather. He has been trying to map out his family tree and I am helping him with process. All we know is that W.B had a son, John Mathew Chute, who married Temonisi (I think she's from Gilbert Islands) and then they had 7 children together. One of those 7, Anthony, who be my Uncle's grandfather.

Let me know if you need any more info  :)

Offline jackstorm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 25 July 16 11:16 BST (UK) »

Hi only just joined this site. I am the great great granddaughter of a William Burleigh Chute. His son William Chute married a Gilbertese woman and they had one daugther...Mareta Chute.....I am one of her grandkids. I have been told that he is also from Cork County as well.

Sorry haven't been on this site for a few years.

I am sorry but we have sadly lost contact with this user 2014