Author Topic: Lilley surname - Paisley &/or Renfrew  (Read 3135 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Lilley surname - Paisley &/or Renfrew
« on: Friday 24 October 08 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hello folks

Don't think I have had cause to visit this board before.

Anyway, I am interested in the LILLEY surname, which I don't believe is overly common in the area.

My Lilley research is mainly centered on County Antrim, Northern Ireland (previously just Ireland) and of the many Lilley families I have researched there, I have recently 'followed' two who migrated to the Renfrew/Paisley area late c1880-1900ish.

Would be interested in communicating with anyone of this surname who believes they may link back to the James and Ann (aka Annie) Lilley (there in 1891 and 1901 census) or William and Anna Sophia Lilley (there in 1901 census), who settled in the area during the above noted period.

I believe the latter couple had children who were/included Martha, James, Joseph, William and Thomas, and that some of their descendants may still be in the area.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lilley surname - Paisley &/or Renfrew
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 September 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
Long time since I started this thread, but thought I would add a picture that turned up amongst photographs belonging to an uncle of mine who passed away last year, on off-chance someone, someday, sees it and recognises it as being one they too hold in their Lilley/Lilly family line.

(pic to follow once I re-size it)

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 September 13 10:14 BST (UK) »
Front, with name on rear.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 July 15 06:17 BST (UK) »

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 July 15 21:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks, gaffy. I've now added a post on larky's thread.