Author Topic: Ferguson. .Parish of Kincardine..near Doune  (Read 15955 times)

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ferguson. .Parish of Kincardine..near Doune
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 April 10 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have some Sands in my tree but not this one! There is another researcher  who has done a huge amount of research on the Sands family from this area - I will ask him to contact you. If you give me your email address by pm I will send you a transcription of all Sands burials in Thornhill and Kincardine if you like?
Val
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 22 June 10 20:53 BST (UK) »
hi I think your family were from Thornhill?  Not same part of Kincardine as Ferhies lot

I have yet to find church records of Thornhill for my Janet Ferguson/Thomas Brown parents of Agnes and thus I'm stuck in 1792-ish without knowing whether she had siblings or not. No siblings names means no progress as to Janet Ferguson parents.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline ab325

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 25 November 11 23:24 GMT (UK) »
I have a Margaret Ferguson - b. 1874 in Doune, who was the daughter of Alexander Ferguson.  The only other Ferguson is Robert who was a blacksmith that lived near Thornhill and married a Helen Bryce.  Are these somehow related to the other Ferguson previously mentioned?
Bryce (Doune), May (within 15 miles of Edinburgh), McLaren

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 26 November 11 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Nope...nothing to do with my lot.

Happy hunting.
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 November 11 19:00 GMT (UK) »
When I see Sophia and 1818 I immediately think of Beckwith Township, Lanark County as a lot of the original civilian settlers arrived in 1818 on three ships - Curlew, Sophia and Jane.

The Donald Ferguson on the Sophia passenger list is almost certain to be Danial Ferguson who was granted Lot 9 (south-west part) on Concession 4.  If this is your fellow, he arrived with wife and 4 children.

He must be linked to Robert Ferguson and Peter Ferguson who had adjacent Lots.

Robert Ferguson was probably the brother of Donald (Daniel) as in 1828 Daniel tried to buy Lot 10 Concession 9 to support his brother Robert's family.  Robert had died leaving 4 children, the oldest only 9 years old and their mother already deceased.

If these are your families then 'Nos Racines' gives additional information about them.

The following is a link to the appendix sgowing civilian settlers for 1818.

http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=1058194&qryID=7f1cb2d9-01b8-4c1e-bbd8-fe018593c3cc

Hope this helps,

Throth (www.borenich.co.uk)

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 November 11 20:08 GMT (UK) »
What a marvel you are Throth.

I have wondered for a very long time about what became of Donald and his family on their arrival in Canada so it was great to read your information on them.
I have read parts of the Beckwith book with great interest.     There’s certainly lots of info in there.

What I somehow have to do is find out if Donald’s son, Peter returned to Scotland and if any of Donald’s family moved to Saskatchewan.

Many many thanks for your posting.

Oh…and I enjoyed your web site.  :)

Cheers.
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 28 November 11 20:54 GMT (UK) »
I think that your next step might be to contact Bill Mains who runs the "Families of the Derry" website.  His family was originally on Concession 5.

Just do a search for "Families of the Derry" and that area of Beckwith Township should come up.

Throth (www.borenich.co.uk)

Offline Kattywinkle

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 28 March 17 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hello

I think I may be related to you through my Mum who has connections to Robertsons Lane and who had a grandmother called Rachel Ferguson. My Mum is a Campbell from Bennetts/Campbells.

I will have to check the family tree that I have done - but not touched for some time.

Regards
Katrina

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 28 March 17 15:40 BST (UK) »
  Hello Kattywinkle.

Not been doing much with the family tree lately but I would be very interested in your connection with Robertson Lane.

regards.

Robert.