Author Topic: mateer family around dromara/legananny/seapatrick  (Read 6148 times)

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: mateer family around dromara/legananny/seapatrick
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 08:06 BST (UK) »
was Hugh Telford the son of a Martin daughter or even a Matier?
was Hugh Telford the son of Hugh TELFORD Drumgooland who farmed in Leitrim in 1803 LDR=Live & Deadstock Returns of 1803- an agricultural census some transcribed by Rebekah Drew available at PRONI  from Ros Davies Co Down website

John   MARTIN   .   Drumgooland   farmed in Leitrim in 1803   LDR {again!}
John   MARTIN   .    Drumgooland   of Leitrim; will probated 1813   IIW V4 p108
Robert   MARTIN   .   Drumgooland   of Closkelt; will probated 1722   IIW V4 p109
Robert   MARTIN   .   Drumgooland   of Decomet; will dated 1817 & lodged 1837   IIW V4 p109
Robert   MARTIN   junior   Drumgooland   of Legananny; will probated 1828   IIW V4 p109
Robert   MARTIN   .   Drumgooland   of Decomet; will probated 1838   IIW V4 p109
Robert   MARTIN   senior   Drumgooland   of Legananny; will probated 1853   IIW V4 p109
I will stop there assuming you know all these references many sadly with originals destroyed
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline lotsahunters

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mateer family around dromara/legananny/seapatrick
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 June 17 05:17 BST (UK) »
was Hugh Telford the son of a Martin daughter or even a Matier?
was Hugh Telford the son of Hugh TELFORD Drumgooland who farmed in Leitrim in 1803 LDR=Live & Deadstock Returns of 1803- an agricultural census some transcribed by Rebekah Drew available at PRONI  from Ros Davies Co Down website

I am not sure who Hugh Telford is. My guess is his mother is a Matier. There is a good chance he's Hugh Telford's son. I also suppose that Robert Martin married a Matier. That would connect the two families. Right now I have Robert Martin with a Rose Morgan, but their Robert was christened 12 years later than the Robert Martin named in the 1799 lease, so there's some question as to whether Robert and Rose were the family that moved to Legananny. If Leitrim is like any where else I've researched, there's a good chance there were several Robert Martin's close in age, as this family adhered to the naming rituals of the day.

I'll respond again as I am able. I have a lot going on this summer. i am familiar with many of the references you made, but not all of them. I had Robert Martin Sr. as the son of Robert Martin Jr, but now I'm questioning that. How likely is it that Robert Martin Sr. lived to be 93 or older?

Thanks for your help!
Becky