Author Topic: Mere church window MIDLANE family  (Read 11893 times)

Offline BlueFire

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mere church window MIDLANE family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 August 18 05:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

Im researching Herbert Russell Midlane Coombe for a distant relative. I'm not related. I have been trying to find some evidence for his death and perhaps get a death certificate. I cannot find him in the NSW BDM. I contacted Wentworth Shire Council and could not find a burial record for him either. They did find his wife and some children.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 August 18 07:46 BST (UK) »
My direct line is through Theresa Caroline DYER nee MIDLANE.  Her younger sister, Frances Agnes MIDLANE, married John Henry COOMBE. 

I haven't researched the COOMBE family at all except to know that Frances died in 1862 and I think John Henry COOMBE died in 1888. 

Are you seeking the death for Herbert Russell Midlane COOMBE b 1841?
I see he was baptised as "Midlane Russell COOMBE" 4 May, 1840,birth registration uses those names and was still  just Russell Midlane COOMBE (no Herbert) in the 1851 census. 

If it's the same person when did he begin to use "Herbert"?  Is the one you are looking for the chap who married Bridget BOWER/POWER in 1861 in South Australia using the forename Herbert- as I see from some on-line trees?

I note also that most of the on-line trees give his death date as 1905 but no-one has a BMD reference for that. 

Sorry - not much help at all.  Can I suggest that you put this query up on the Australia board.  I am constantly amazed at the finds some of the researchers there are able to find.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BlueFire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 August 18 00:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes. Im led to believe that Russell Midlane Coombe and Herbert Russell Midlane Coombe are the same person. I have emailed NSW BDM directly and they cannot find his death.

Herbert Russell Midane Coombe
Father's Name   John Henry Coombe
Spouse Name   Bridget Bower
Spouse's Father's Name   Thomas Bower
Marriage Date   21 Nov 1863
Marriage Place   Kooringa
Registration Place   Burra South Australia

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 August 18 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hello again - can we put this up on the Australia board of Rootschat?

As i said yesterday there are some wonderful researchers who seem to be able to break down brick walls very smartly.  Some of them also have off-line resources which can be really helpful. 

I do have lots on the Midlane family from John and Jane MIDLANE (grandparents of the Russell you are looking for) if your relative is interested.  I have a public tree on Ancestry which has quite a bit. 

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline BlueFire2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 August 18 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

I posted in here because I searched for his name and didnt want to double up on threads. I'll start a new one if there isnt one currently going.

Ps I couldnt log in with my tablet for some reason, so have created an account for the email that comes to this device.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 24 August 18 03:03 BST (UK) »
Let me know when you've done it and I'll contribute a bit.   :)

I see it's there now

Judith