Author Topic: Cassells surname  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Chrissy Hamlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cassells surname
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 August 17 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Geoff
Thank you so much for your reply. There should be a direct email link for me on my profile here. If you click on the mail symbol next to my username, you should be able to contact me with no issues.

I only joined up here today because a Google Search bought up this post when I was randomly searching for Cassells / Seaman information after discovering some new hints on Ancestry.com.

My partner Karl and I would love to see what you have found out about David Seaman and his family. It has been very difficult for my partner to know anything about his family history on the Seaman side as both his mother & father passed away when he was young & there are no older living relatives on his father's side.

As a matter of co-incidence, Karl's older brother Gary also married an Irish woman named Mary & they have a son, Callum. They visit Ireland quite regularly so I am sure they will be fascinated by the new Irish connection we have just uncovered.

Thank you again for responding.

Chrissy Hamlin / Karl Seaman

Offline goof

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 August 17 18:01 BST (UK) »
Tried sending some attachments but they are too big.
If you reply to my email I will send them by conventional email and not from within this website.
Geoff.
Charge, Gray, McCorry. Essex,Suffolk, Ireland (Armagh)

Offline Chrissy Hamlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 August 17 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Geoff

If you could message directly here with your email address I will contact you direct - then we can swap info on the Seaman / Cassells family history.

I have just found out today some very interesting info on David Seaman's younger brother Enoch and his only daughter Annie Seaman. Enoch - like his father Elisha Seaman - was a local preacher and part of the Primitive Methodist Movement - and I have discovered an article online by a lady called Norma Virgoe which outlines a Methodist investigation into the alleged rape of Enoch's 15 year old daughter Annie by the Reverend William Franks, who was well known on the Methodist circuit in Norfolk in the late 1880's.

Details can be found here: http://www.myprimitivemethodists.org.uk/page/william_franks - scroll down to the bottom of page to the downloadable PDF document ro read Norma's article.

If you are aware of this info already then I apologize for repeating what you already know - but if not you may find it very interesting - and scandalous reading. Personally I am on Annie and Enoch's side on this one - and I believe poor Annie suffered a huge miscarriage of Justice. 

I cannot wait to see what new you info you have for me.

Kind Regards
Chrissy Hamlin

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 August 17 22:51 BST (UK) »
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline goof

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 August 17 09:55 BST (UK) »
Chrissy - I have sent you a PM with my email address as I don't want it shown on public boards.
Geoff.
Charge, Gray, McCorry. Essex,Suffolk, Ireland (Armagh)

Offline griz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 03 January 21 00:55 GMT (UK) »
In case this is of any interest to anyone.  I have an ancestor, Thomas Boyle, b 1821 who married a Margaret Casslin, 22 Sept 1856 at Annaduff Leitrim,.

At Mohill, Ardagh, Leitrim, on 21st July 1863: Bapt. of Thomas Boyle, Parents. Thomas Boyle and Margaret Cassills. sponsors. James Cassells and Catherine Boyle.

While trying to find her ancestors I came across so many different spellings of this name, or similar names, in the Irish Catholic Registers. but never found  a likely parent for her..
The names I did find were: Cassills, Cassells Casells, Castles, Castels and Caslin.
Boyle, Co. Leitrim  Boyle, Co. Tyrone, Shaughnessy, Co. Limerick, and  Manchester, UK.  Pope, Cheshire. Chadwick, Speke, Lancs.  Frankish, Hunmanby, Yorks.  Brindley, Audley, Staffs and  Middlesex.