Author Topic: Blenman family  (Read 5640 times)

Offline nerak

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blenman family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thank you so much for writing, it is a big relief as I have spent such a long time on her tree now.  You and her must be first cousins I think.  It took me months and months of searching in the beginning because she told me that her grandfather was called Chelsea Taylor, and her dad was quite insistant that this was his name.  I went through years of birth registers with no luck and then finally found a marriage for a Charles H Taylor to an Agness Tyrell (her grandparents).  I think his proper name is actually Charles Hooper Taylor born 1900 in the Greenwich district.  I have yet to break the news to her that she doesn't have a grandfather called Chelsea, it must have been a nick-name.  I'm going to see her next Tuesday.  I'm hoping I've gone back through the right lines - back to an Edwin Taylor born around 1820 in Foots Cray who married Elizabeth Loe in 1846, but I could be wrong.  Sounds like you have done some good research to date.  Could I ask if you are descended from one of Charles/Chelsea's brother's or sisters?  Thanks so much again.

Offline stararbour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 18:07 GMT (UK) »
how exciting i'm definatly related to your friend. My grandmother is Chelsea's sister Gladys. Chelsea was his nickname his whole life. Done quite a bit on the family tree, especially the Taylors, so i will drop you a note. Have quite a few photos too .  :)
Taylor, Blenman, Kelsey, Fuller

Offline nerak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 18:28 GMT (UK) »
That would be brilliant! Thank you very much.  She will be absolutely thrilled when I tell her I've made contact with you, her second cousin? (I'm not so good at working out the correct relation terminology)  I'm very new to this site so am also not so good yet at moving around on it.  I found your grandmother on my searches, born after Florence, but I bet I've missed a couple of children out. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know, perhaps I could somehow get the 1911 census page to you with the family on it if you haven't already got it.  Thanks again.

Offline Famtree1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 October 16 21:01 BST (UK) »
how exciting i'm definatly related to your friend. My grandmother is Chelsea's sister Gladys. Chelsea was his nickname his whole life. Done quite a bit on the family tree, especially the Taylors, so i will drop you a note. Have quite a few photos too .  :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi, I have joined this site as I found the above thread whilst starting on my family tree on my mother's side. Charles Hooper Taylor (Chelsea) was my grandfather. I would be grateful for any info you might have. I have traced the family through Ancestry.co.uk but have doubts now and wonder if  I have the correct link at one of the first steps. I have my great, great grandfather as Edwin Charles Taylor living at Blackheath 1911 census. Is this correct? There are so many Edwins and Emilys in the research that it's become quite confusing. I do hope you are still picking up messages from this site as the threads are dated 2009 and 2006. Hope to hear from you.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 October 16 21:13 BST (UK) »
So you're not looking for anyone in Ireland??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Famtree1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 October 16 21:43 BST (UK) »
No I was trying to contact the person who was looking up the Blenman family. I couldn't see how to private message them so hoped they would still be in touch with this thread or be informed that it has been posted.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 11 October 16 21:45 BST (UK) »
No I was trying to contact the person who was looking up the Blenman family. I couldn't see how to private message them so hoped they would still be in touch with this thread or be informed that it has been posted.
No problem!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline stararbour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hi there, still researching but on other tree branches now 😊.  If your Grandad was Chelsea I'm guessing you must be related too Louie or Ellen? I think you must have the right Taylor's and yes there are tons of Edwin's and Emily's..so quite confusing coupled with differing ages reported on Census etc!
Taylor, Blenman, Kelsey, Fuller

Offline Famtree1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 12:23 BST (UK) »
Yes, Ellen was my mother. So the Taylors at 27 and then 35 Blackheath Road 1911 is correct? Have you seen photos of it with the name Taylor still on the side?  They had an interesting life moving around one time a Pub in Mile End, it then says Architect on one census, then Auctioneer. Did you know about the house - still standing- Grade II listed now? I walked around Woolwich at the weekend to photograph some of the streets named on the census - of course most are gone now.
You mentioned you had some Taylor photos I would so appreciate seeing them if possible. Is there a way to private email on this forum? I could scan you the Taylor house if you are not local.
I've only been doing this for a week (thanks to Ancestry.co.uk:-)) and I've found it so interesting but can't believe I've managed to get so far back so quickly - thanks to the internet.