Author Topic: Fletcher Bible found  (Read 11449 times)

Offline crankyvet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fletcher Bible found
« on: Saturday 08 November 08 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Although my roots are with the Fletcher clan of Nottingham I am unable to find a link with this particular person in our family tree (The Fletcher house of lace).He is Alexander Fletcher, 1787-1860.A British minister who was a Scottish prebyterian and founder of Finsbury chapel in London. I have found a copy of the "Fletchers family bible" in an antique shop here in Fremantle ,West Australia.I have it on hold at present. If anyone is related to this chap, let me know and i'll pass on the shops details.
Fletcher,Flecher,Kent,Hooton,Annert,Woodward, Smith,Spicer,Livingstone,Archer,Deslandes.

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fletcher Bible found
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 March 13 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I'm sure it's long gone by now, but I am interested as I am a FLETCHER of Glen Orchy descendant and this minister could very well be a relative. Our clan is very small and most Scottish FLETCHERs, especially ones with given names Alexander, Angus, Archibald and Duncan, turn out to be related. If you still have it, are there any more clues inside it? Names etc.? I know my 82 year old dad would be interested in it. Thank you!

Mary Fletcher Harris
Canada
(formerly of Scotland)
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline Roncac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 June 18 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hello. I'm sure it's long gone by now, but I am interested as I am a FLETCHER of Glen Orchy descendant and this minister could very well be a relative.

Alexander Fletcher of Finsbury Chapel, London, appears in the Index of Scottish Presbyterian Ministers, as Alexander Fletcher, Bridge of Teith: http://ecclegen.com/general-index-f/#Fleming,%20Thomas 

There there are a number of links to basic reference books which mention him.

His father William Fletcher also appears in that Index, as do other ministerial relatives.

Offline crankyvet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 June 18 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry to say that the bible was sold by the antique dealer some 9 years or so ago.
Regards,
Crankvet.
Fletcher,Flecher,Kent,Hooton,Annert,Woodward, Smith,Spicer,Livingstone,Archer,Deslandes.