Author Topic: George and Barbara (Barbra) Wood  (Read 23900 times)

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George and Barbara (Barbra) Wood
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 11 October 11 21:29 BST (UK) »
Just an earlier Ord for you:

Here lies interred the ashes of Margaret Roger, spouse to John Ord at Shoar of Crivie, who died Janry the 15th 1754; as also the ashes of Margaret Watt, spouse to John Ord, sometime at Mill of Melross, who died Janry the 7th 1707. This is erected to their memory by Alexr and John Ords, their lawful sons and grandsons.

Graham.

Offline Carol McI

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 03:54 BST (UK) »
Hi fist

I am not saying that my John Wood born c 1752 is their son.  I was just saying that I have Woods from Banffshire.  I have not found the parents of my John Wood.  Sorry to have confused you.

Carol
Findlay - Fetteresso, Cookney, Kincardineshire
Allan - Foveran, Aberdeenshire
Wood - Aberdeen, Auchnagatt
Ferguson - Auchnagatt
Knight - Stonehaven
McIntyre - Mid Calder, Edinburgh

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, Carol. Don't apologise! The Wood families have been driving me round the bend for years. I viewed your public family tree (on ancestry) & noticed your John Wood's d.o.b     as 21/06/1752.The John Wood who appears in the Gamrie OPR's under that date is indeed the son of John Wood & Ann Reid (as you state). I do not think that this John Wood is the same one who married Anne Ingram. John & Anne Wood lived in Protstown. On their headstone it states "John Wood, their only surviving son, farmer in Protstownhill inserted the names of two beloved children of his who died victims to the small pox in the year 1810..Anne aged 22...John aged 11years." This John was married to Isobel Rankin & had children between  1783- 1799.
Your William Wood was born in Minnonie. There was a Wood family there. George Wood & Lilias Forbes.Their headstone was erected by "their surviving children, John, William & Alexander".Have you come across any mention of William's siblings in your research?
Hope this information helps!
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Carol McI

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 13 October 11 06:15 BST (UK) »
You may be receiving this again but I cannot find the reply I think I sent.

I am delighted that you are finding mistakes in my Woods.  I think we might have several families in common.  My great grandfather was William Wood of Crowniehillock, Auchnagatt.  I have my grandmother's photo album and have been trying to identify the people.  The houses should be in that area.  I posted the houses in hope that someone might recognise them, the photos were taked about 1927.  I have a possible for the small cottage.  Burnside, Rora, Longside.  This was the last home of Alexander Noble and Susan Leslie King - the only evidence I have is that they are about the right age and were close to my family.

Would you like to contact me directly (*)

or on Facebook

All the best

Carol

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Ferguson - Auchnagatt
Knight - Stonehaven

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 25 August 14 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm currently working on a couple called William and Janet Henderson (nee Taylor).  Janet lived until 1864 and from her death certificate I have her parents as John Taylor and Isabella Wood - Janet was born 1779 in Gamrie. I have the OPRs for William and Janet's children and for those born between 1803 and 1810 the witnesses are John Wood in Minnony and Alexander Wood in Cushnie. I'm wondering if these men might be Janet's uncles?

I also have a John Ingram age 69 living with William and Janet Henderson in 1851 at Easterbo, King Edward -like Janet he too is born Gamrie.  John is listed as a pauper hardware pedlar. I have no idea if he is related in some way or just a lodger.

In addition, Alexander Henderson (William and Janet's son) was working at Draidland in 1841 while wife (Mary Neish) is just over the parish boundary living Netherbrae, King Edward.

I know this is not related to George and Barbara but thought perhaps someone has come across Isabella Wood and her (possible?) brothers John and Alexander.
Jen
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 25 August 14 18:57 BST (UK) »
The John Wood in Minnonie married an Anne Ingram in 1786. At least 7 children were born to them up until 1802. Don't know if this helps you or not!
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Carol McI

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 03:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the date of marriage.
Ferguson - Auchnagatt
Knight - Stonehaven

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 09:29 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the information. I see from FamilySearch the Woods/Forbes marriage also produced an 'Isbel' born 1759.  So looks likely John and Alexander were Janet's uncles.  Elspit Wood and John Ingram had a son John in 1782 if that's Isabella sister than that makes the 'lodger' Janet's cousin! I was well pleased to find out who Janet's parents were this extra information helps brings things together. It's amazing how more often than not servants and lodgers seem to have some link to the families they are living with....

Thanks again.
Jen
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir