Author Topic: BRADLEY/McGOWAN family Australia  (Read 22771 times)

Offline beeanchor1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRADLEY/McGOWAN family Australia
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 23 March 17 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm searching for relatives of my biological mother, Rhonda, who is apparently a dependent of Eliza Weatherall, and her biological name prior to adoption was McGowan.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Offline slacktech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi there dms,
I have just read your messages and great to hear from you - also great to hear you  reside at Sunshine Coast! I just wanted to let you know that I will get back to you again  very soon - possibly tomorrow with a bit of info I have.  Thanks for what you have given me so far - I was not aware James McGowan was a convict, but knew he came from Ireland. I look forward to hearing more and also more about yourself  very soon
Cheers!
Emu

This is my first post, so please let me know if what I'm about to ask is not allowed, or if I've breached any protocols or offended anybody.

If my research is correct, James McGowan is my second great grandfather.  My path appears to be James McGowan (my grandfather) -> Francis McGowan -> James McGowan

I've found it difficult to find information about this side of my mother's family and would greatly appreciate any information and/or documents that others could send to me via private message to assist the building of my family tree (mainly to fill in the gaps!).  Thanks in advance!

Offline gmoore4380

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 10 July 17 20:46 BST (UK) »
I haven't been able to get any information from Amy about my mum Elaine Joyce McGowan. I was just wondering if anyone else can help me please? All i know is my mum passed away but i don't know what name she may have been under or where she may have been placed. I would love to even just get a photo of her if anyone would have one please. Amy has been going to get me information since around 2015 but i haven't heard anything at all.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 13 July 17 16:47 BST (UK) »
dms, Emu and I have been in contact for some years. For several years I visited Longford town in County Longford for a festival, out of the blue Emu mentioned Longford, Bells rang! I went to the library in the town the following year and saw a town list from 1827, James McGowan the convict was living with his father James in Bog Lane, Longford town. All that is left in the area is the stone wall from around the houses. I did ask in the town about the McGowan's and was told to go to McGowan's pub in Newtown Forbes a few miles outside the town as he has a lot of history about the McGowan's. When Emu came over we took her there, sadly the guy was away and any time we are in the area we call in to see him but he is always away somewhere.
Emu, if you see this, I will email you soon.
Maggsie

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 July 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
also,
did she live in Ettalong in 1972?
Married name, or is McGowan her maiden name?
I will see if I can find her.
Maggsie

Offline gmoore4380

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 14 July 17 04:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggsie

I was taken from my mum as a baby in 1969 and my adoption went through in 1972. I have the records of my adoption and the authority to search for my mum. In my records when i was born my mum was under McGowan and she wasn't married at that stage. The latest address anyone can find was 301 Trafalgar Avenue Umina NSW. Because i have no latest information i don't know if mum ever got married or not

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 14 July 17 04:47 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Gmoore

As per RC policy you are unable to mention the names of those who may still be living.

As you do not have proof of death for your mother or sibling, you will need to remove their names from your posts, as will Maggsie.

And yes, the name should have been removed in 2015, also.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 14 July 17 05:01 BST (UK) »

Just to confirm Jamjar's post.... 

I can see that there's NO mention of those names in the Ryerson Index, which is an index of newspaper cuttings for deaths/funerals covering many/most newspapers in NSW, including the Central Coast of NSW as well as much of the rest of Australia.   It is regularly updated.  Central Coast newspapers include Central Coast Express

Here's the live link http://www.ryersonindex.org/

Palmdale Crematorium : http://www.palmdalegroup.com.au/palmdale.asp

NSW BDM restricts access to death registrations for the first 30 years, and so the online index does not include these.

There's professional organisations that have trained counsellors to help.  Here's some live links:
https://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE00524
http://www.jigsaw.org.au/how-do-i-begin/new-south-wales/
https://www.reunion.com.au/adoption-register/

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline gmoore4380

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 14 July 17 06:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry it's just way back near the beginning of this post it said mums name and in brackets that she was deceased. I was also told that from a lady that turns out to be my cousin on mums side. I was only going by what I was told but i'm more than happy to take my posts down. My partner put the original comment up so when she gets home I will get her to take them off as well (I don't know how to sign in to hers). May I ask how I delete my comments on here please i'm new to this site