Author Topic: Tognarelli ice-cream parlour owners  (Read 49832 times)

Offline emmsthheight

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tognarelli ice-cream parlour owners
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 16 August 18 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sorry, crossed with you there.  Sounds an amazing trip though.  I loved Italy when we were there and we worked with many Italians in Swotzerland..

Enjoy the trip  Come back and tell us about it!

Best wishes

Emms :)
Hoey : Louth, Dublin, Lancashire,
Diggle: Pendleton Lancashire,
Stickley: Dorset, Lancashire
Bockmann, Boedemann etc Artist, Europe and London

English Merchants in Brazil and Portugal especially Carruthers family

1st Battalion Connaught rangers WW1

Website:  Look  out for new website coming soon to replace Fells and Seas

Offline DMitchelhill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 22 July 21 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi all -- I believe that Toganrelli and my great great grandfather came over from Barga together. He is a named on the Barga wedding certficate as a witness. If anyone still around and checking re: Italians and Cumbria, please let me know!

Offline DMitchelhill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 12 December 21 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I know this a very old thread, but if anyone is still around, I think my family are linked to Tognarelli too. My family, Bechelli/Notini come from Barga (and Lucca) and came over 1895ish. Gino Tognarelli is a witness on my great grandparents marriage certificate and my great grand aunt Maria Bechelli (aka Mary) also worked in the shop in Bridge Street in Workington. Any info would be great!

Offline BronxPiano

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 14 December 21 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi. The best person to contact would be Paul Renucci. He is on here as PauloHistorico. Hope this helps.

Offline danbonino

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 18 February 22 19:18 GMT (UK) »
:) Hi Bronx and everyone else looking to build their family history story and tree.

Bronx, I am very grateful that you were able to post photos of the Tognarelli's and Fabbri up on this forum.

I have just joined RootsChat tonight.
Have been building my Italian Community Archive for more than 30 years now, and have tried to obtain photos of every Italian that stayed in "Cumberland & North Lancashire" + "Dumfries & Galloway" since 1750 up to the present day.

Both sides of my parents are Italian, 1 from Dumfriesshire, 1 from Cumbria, hence I cover both counties.

I'm still trying to work out how to PM anyone on the RootsChat forum.
I should add that I am very busy like everyone else, but will try to help where I can in the Cumbria & D&G area.

If anyone has an "Italian" family member interred at Mount Vernon in Edinburgh, you may be interested to know that after using up 2 years of spare time, my wife & I have just completed a very accurate mapping out of that cemetery and listed all occupants including photos of all 585 Italian headstones.

Hi Paulo

Could you tell me if you came across a Chavrine or Chevereni among the Edinburgh headstones? My great x w aunt Elizabeth Cheverini died one Edinburgh in 1915. She was born in Belfast but her father and husband were both Italian.

Thank you

Dan

Offline danbonino

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday 18 February 22 19:22 GMT (UK) »
One of my great x 2 aunts Mary Chavrine/Chevereni married an Antonio da Prato from Barga who arrived in Belfast c 1880 as a figure maker and ended up in Glasgow. En route I believe he worked as an ice cream man in Edinburgh, possibly in the employ of Luigi Fusco, who married Mary’s mother Elizabeth after her first husband Jacapo Basquale Chevereni died.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone for who. any of those names ring a bell!

Offline UnacceptableB

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 24 February 22 00:39 GMT (UK) »
I know this a very old thread, but if anyone is still around, I think my family are linked to Tognarelli too. … Gino Tognarelli is a witness on my great grandparents marriage certificate and my great grand aunt Maria Bechelli (aka Mary) also worked in the shop in Bridge Street in Workington. Any info would be great!

My uncle’s father was Gino (1907-1964). He moved to Reading with his wife and who was a Gonnella. I’m trying to track down their ancestors. I think Ida was born in Workington but I’m not 100% sure. Gino was Ferruccio’s and Annunziata Cecchini’s son.

[I’m also trying to track my relations from Sora, Frosinone in Lazio but having less luck.]