Author Topic: Tognarelli ice-cream parlour owners  (Read 49689 times)

Offline Toggie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tognarelli ice-cream parlour owners
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 20:22 GMT (UK) »
My great uncle created a rather basic family tree that only looked at my side of the Tognarelli line. I will try and get a copy to post on the site. As to your mention of a William Tognarelli there is one on the tree who was born on the 21/4/1902 whether that is the right one I don't know. Will try and post soon.

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 22:12 BST (UK) »
I was very interested to read this post.Recently I was researching my friend's family and there was Serafino Gonnella who married Cesira Tognarelli in 1920 in Barga.They came so Glasgow where they had fish restaurants.Cesira went back to Italy for the birth of one of her sons,Giovanni in 1927.She had another son Silvano in Glasgow but in 1933 she died in a traffic accident.Giovanni was my friend's father.
  If any of this is familiar,please let me know.

Offline Fynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 31 December 15 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find out more information on my mothers side as her mum was a tognarelli before she was married her name was frida she came to England during war and her parents had tognarellis ice cream shop in ulverston

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 01 January 16 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fynn and welcome to Rootschat,
You could try looking for UK records on www.freebmd.org.uk or on Findmypast if you have a subscription   Deaths may well show age and birth date and marriages and births are helpful too.  For instance there is a birth in Ulverston in 1921 for a Frida Tognarelli whose mother's maiden name was Rossi which may be relevant.   If you can give us more information that will help but don't mention any living people as that is against Rootschat rules.

Offline Fynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 01 January 16 14:56 GMT (UK) »
They were from barga Italy also her brothers and other relatives went to Kendal Lancaster Workington to open shops. Tried looking on other sites but doesn't give much information

Offline Fynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 01 January 16 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I found out that frida tognarelli that was born in ulverston Is my nonna/ grandma her dad worked for h&R tognarelli before opening his own shop any info on more of family would be appreciated

Offline BronxPiano

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 01 January 16 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fynn. Have you inspected the photos I have posted? As you mentioned Rossi, I have attached a photo of my Grandfather (Fabbri), with the Fabbri & Rossi & Co horse and cart. I have lots of photos of people taken in a Photo Studio at 58, Pow Street, bearing in mind the Tognarellis at 46, Pow Street. Wish I knew who they all were. It bothers me that I may have pictures of people`s relatives that may be precious to them. Either way, the Fabbri, Tognarelli and Rossi families all seem to have a common link. I feel that "Toggie" may hold some answers.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 01 January 16 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bronx...I feel that your photo could do with a bit of TLC...why not put it here for a tidy up:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/free-photo-restoration/

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Fynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 01 January 16 17:30 GMT (UK) »
We're was the horse and cart based at please?