Author Topic: Nora Walsh County Kerry Ireland  (Read 6130 times)

Offline BCgirl85

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nora Walsh County Kerry Ireland
« on: Wednesday 12 November 08 05:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone have anyinformation on the Walsh family from County Kerry?All I know is that my great, great grandmother was born Nora Walsh in county Kerry on May 24, 1873, and died in BC, Canada in 1968. She married James Graham of Glasgow, Scotland.

Thanks
Green -Banffshire, Scotland, Graham -Glasgow, Scotland, Walsh -County Kerry Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nora Walsh County Kerry Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.
To search for relatives in Ireland you need to know their religion (to find church records) and where they lived (parish if not actual townland not just 'County Kerry').
Do you have Nora's marriage certificate? Where and when did it take place? are the names of her parents listed, etc.?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 14:55 GMT (UK) »
on familysearch (http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp) there's an extracted record -

Nora Walshe     04 JAN 1871  Roman Catholic, Brosna, Kerry, Ireland

thats the only Nora (or similar) close to the 1873 on that web site at the moment..

theres quite a few Walshs in Co. Kerry at this time - over 700 according to Griffiths Valuation (http://griffiths.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_family_search_form.php),

I dont know when Nora left Ireland but the Co. Kerry census details  are due to available on-line with the 1911 data later this year, and 1901 details to follow next year. Maybe you could find something on these.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline BCgirl85

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 December 08 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the information  ;)
Cheers!
Green -Banffshire, Scotland, Graham -Glasgow, Scotland, Walsh -County Kerry Ireland

Offline walshrobinson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 July 09 03:26 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather William J. Walsh was born in December 1859 in Clashnagough, Knocknagoshel Parish, County Kerry, Ireland, the son of Michael Walsh and Anna O'Neil.  William immigrated to the US in 1880 and married Catherine Curtin of Brosna, County Kerry, Ireland.  Perhaps our families are related.

Offline GolfGeek

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 December 09 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi:

Nora Walsh was my great-grandmother and James Graham was my great-grandfather.  We're related. 

I'll try to figure out how to contact you directly.  I have a little info but not much.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 December 09 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. After you've both made a few more posts (usually need 2 or 3) you'll be able to use PM (personal message) system to exchange email address, recent family details and other information which you aren't allowed to post openly on the boards.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!