Author Topic: Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton
« on: Friday 04 February 05 16:34 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

I am still gathering info on this family, so I am always looking for more to add to the database. 

Anyone interested, can view the complete tree on my website (see signature below)

:) :) :)
BUCKLEY, Ches. DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lilain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: TURNER FAMILY OF ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE AND GORTON
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 October 06 04:48 BST (UK) »

Hi
      I've just been into your website, as it was the Turner name that caught my eye,I'm doing the Turner family they came from Chapel En La Frith area a Ralph Turner married to Jane lived in Ardwick on the 1901 census he was born in 1837 Chapel en la frith I only have a christening 26  Feb 1837 first wife Eliabeth m 1858 Broadhurst died between 1871-1881 census but then he's married to Jane maiden unknown with another small family. by 1901 their family were gone. But we have Turners buried in Gorton Cemetery I haven't found out yet when Ralph died he's on a photo with 4 generations in about 1912-13 with eldest son Geo Hy b1867 Chapel Grandson b1889 New Mills Geo Hy, Gt grandaughter Edith o/shaw who was B 191 I do have Ralph's fathers  m 30 Dec 1833 to Elizabeth J Joddrell Hope Derby it's seems Ralph is a family name till the 2 Geo Hy's
Your website was very interesting & well layed out, I don't if my Turners are any help with yours    Lil

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 06 07:38 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

Hello Lil, and welcome to Rootschat !!

Glad you liked the Site.  As you say, there doesn't seem to be a link between your Turners and mine but who knows, if you get back far enough, you may find one eventually.

Keep looking

;D ;D

BUCKLEY, Ches. DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline FionaO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 January 15 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Mobo,
Any relation to Runnert TURNER (1843 Newton Cheshire - 1918 West Gorton)?
Fionaohi'llgethimintohistoryonewayortheother  ;D
Turner, Smith, Gibson, Harrison, Young, Boucher, Howells