Author Topic: Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton
« on: Friday 04 February 05 16:34 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

I am still gathering info on this family, so I am always looking for more to add to the database. 

Anyone interested, can view the complete tree on my website (see signature below)

:) :) :)
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline lilain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: TURNER FAMILY OF ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE AND GORTON
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 October 06 04:48 BST (UK) »

Hi
      I've just been into your website, as it was the Turner name that caught my eye,I'm doing the Turner family they came from Chapel En La Frith area a Ralph Turner married to Jane lived in Ardwick on the 1901 census he was born in 1837 Chapel en la frith I only have a christening 26  Feb 1837 first wife Eliabeth m 1858 Broadhurst died between 1871-1881 census but then he's married to Jane maiden unknown with another small family. by 1901 their family were gone. But we have Turners buried in Gorton Cemetery I haven't found out yet when Ralph died he's on a photo with 4 generations in about 1912-13 with eldest son Geo Hy b1867 Chapel Grandson b1889 New Mills Geo Hy, Gt grandaughter Edith o/shaw who was B 191 I do have Ralph's fathers  m 30 Dec 1833 to Elizabeth J Joddrell Hope Derby it's seems Ralph is a family name till the 2 Geo Hy's
Your website was very interesting & well layed out, I don't if my Turners are any help with yours    Lil

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 06 07:38 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

Hello Lil, and welcome to Rootschat !!

Glad you liked the Site.  As you say, there doesn't seem to be a link between your Turners and mine but who knows, if you get back far enough, you may find one eventually.

Keep looking

;D ;D

BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline FionaO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turner family of Ashton-Under-Lyne and Gorton
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 January 15 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Mobo,
Any relation to Runnert TURNER (1843 Newton Cheshire - 1918 West Gorton)?
Fionaohi'llgethimintohistoryonewayortheother  ;D
Turner, Smith, Gibson, Harrison, Young, Boucher, Howells