Author Topic: Rev. James Hughes Thomas  (Read 9906 times)

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. James Hughes Thomas
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 March 09 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Claire.

Best of luck.

Her name was passed onto me by the Baptist Union of Wales.

Regards
Keith Aus
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 September 09 01:20 BST (UK) »
To those readers who have helped with this family:
I have located the Rev. James Hughes Thomas' wife, Sarah Ann Thomas, nee Rees, in 1878. She has died at 9 Queen Street, St. John Cardiff, at the home of her step-son William Hughes Thomas, a draper. The certificate names the informant as W.A.Burton, grandson.

In continuing my research I would now say that this person is William Alfred Burton, technically her step-grandson, descending from Eliza Couzens Thomas and a Scottish baptist minister William Burton. Eliza would have been only 3 years old when Sarah Ann Rees married the Rev. James Hughes Thomas.

Keith Rees Aus
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 November 10 09:44 GMT (UK) »
To all,
I posted the following to Keith by email, but just in case others have an interest, the following is available at the Record Office ;

200 year celebration of Molleston Baptist Chapel includes reference to Rev'd James Hugh Thomas reference nbr HDX/1708/1. The celebration took place 1931-2.

Rev'd James Hugh Thomas formerly of Narberth now of Milford conveyance of land adjoing Bethesda Chapel Haverfordwest in 1855. Reference nbr D/RKL/1508

An email to the Record Office will illicit cost of copy for those interested.

Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 April 18 13:02 BST (UK) »
follow up on Rev. James Hughes Thomas

Seeking marriage details of a James Thomas of Redstone to Mrs. Bowen of Cwmsaison about 16 Nov 1811 at Llandewwi Velfrey. She was the widow of Thomas Bowen, surgeon.
I found this reference in The Carmarthen Journal.

Martha  Thomas, nee Couzins, was the wife of Rev. James Hughes Thomas, and she lived at Redstone when she passed away. She was buried 27 Dec 1829 at the Molestone Dissenting Ground by her husband the Rev. James Hughes Thomas.

Maybe the above James Thomas was his father.