Author Topic: John SKINNER Mary BUZZA  (Read 6030 times)

Offline missouri

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John SKINNER Mary BUZZA
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 February 09 02:33 GMT (UK) »
I just found this site and was interested in the Skinner family. I have just started to look into my family. My paternal grandmother was a Skinner born in Scotland in 1892. Her father Thomas was born in England in 1859 and her mother was Catherine Ranger born 1860 in England. They had a lot of children a few that I know of went to Canada, I remember my family talking about Aunt Rose born 1889 in England who went there about 1913. I have some info on Thomas & Catherine, they were married in Whitehaven Cumberland April 27 1876, my grandmother was born in Lugar Scotland Nov. 27 1893, she married my grandfather in 1916 when he was 46 and she was 22. I would be glad of any info.

Offline TGJOE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 February 09 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Looks like we belong to the same line of Skinners.

I've got a fair bit of information, If you can send me your e-mail address I'll send you what I have.

Cheers
Joe

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 February 09 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe and missouri,

I am really glad you have made a connection.  ;D

We do not allow email addresses to be posted to our boards to protect our members from spam and other abuses. We encourage our members to use the secure PM ( personal message) system to do this. New members need to make 3 posts for the PM system to open up for them so missouri please reply here so that Joe will be able to contact you privately.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline missouri

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 February 09 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for the information I really enjoyed reading about the family. My father died in 1957 in Ayr Scotland age 42 I guess he was named after Aunt Rose's husband as his name was Samuel Fitzimmons Dalziel ,I never new this. As a matter of fact I know nothing much about the family, probably never asked so this is very interesting. Thank you.

Offline TGJOE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 February 09 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Missouri,

Guess your dad and my dad would were cousins, would probably have known each other!

Offline missouri

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 February 09 02:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe,I found the marriage licence for Robert Fitzimmons & Rosellen Skinner. It was issued in Euphrasia, Markdale, Grey Co. Ontario on Oct. 27 1914. Also found Attestation Papers for Canadian Overseas Expeditionary Force issued 1917, for Thomas Skinner born Cleator Moore Cumberland Dec.5 1887 married to Mary Skinner and living Meaford Ontario. Do you happen to know anything about Sarah Dalziel mother of George who married Sarah Galbraith Skinner. I have a copy of their marriage licence issued Blythswood Glasgow 1916. They were attended by William Johnston and Catherine Ranger Torrance...Says Sarah lived at Laigh Logan Catrine.I would love to find out anything about the Dalziels.

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 February 17 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Lab could =labourer!.
If he was in the mines he could've been a miners' labourer!.

Buzza has many spelling variations over time too including Busso ,Bussow,Buzzo,Buzza ...
I'm yet to find my Buzza line but mine were from Cornwall Penzance/St Hilary etc...some ended up Devon too & whilst my ancestors don't show up on it you could try looking at the Buzza family sits easily searchable via Google!. 😀 Good luck
England ,wardrobe,buzza /Buzzo >Penzance ,St Hilary,Cornwall.
Richards,Roberts,Parrish,Paris,Norton,knight,. Whear,Sparnon,squires, Fenwick ,

Scotland-hardy,McRae,Morris,walker,burnside.>Glasgow to Australia.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Germany>Ballarat vic >? To Patterson>miner.