Author Topic: garston liverpool 19  (Read 19392 times)

Offline frirish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: garston liverpool 19
« Reply #36 on: Monday 13 December 10 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful!
Henry Connor had younger siblings- Jane who married a Mr. Ball; her twin Francis married a Meyer; Albert married Pauline Tollerfield and Edward I have yet to discover. The last address I have for them was Melbourne St. in Everton in 1911.  The Connor lads on this side of the ocean excelled at swimming-not much need for boxing here!
Now my grandmother had step-siblings-Maud, George, and two others that escape me at the moment. To confuse matters, she also had an older brother George. I have seen the George Inn inside and out from photos on the net.  Joseph and Mary (Maginnis-there are loads of them in Garston!) moved to James Street eventually. 

I wonder if the Connors/Rosses you know are from my lot... 

Any way to explore the possibilities?
Let me know-I am anxious to connect with my Scouse kin!
Cheers@
Nathalie
Connor-Goodwin/Carroll/Allcock/McClure
Ross(er)- Maginnis/Herbert/Bellis/Hunt(er)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 14 December 10 09:15 GMT (UK) »
What number james street ?..I can take a photo for you...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline evie.scouse

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 22 April 12 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi have only just come across this site today. Very much enjoyed the Garton posts. I lived in vulcan st till i was 6. my maternal family had lived there for many years before, Would any one know the Bates of vulcan st no 27 i think.  Frank Kitty John Betty and Ann It would be lovely if any one had any memory of them  regards

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 22 April 12 23:21 BST (UK) »
Sorry no, I cannot help you there.  It was my father and his family who lived in that area.

dottyc

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 23 April 12 07:16 BST (UK) »
Hiya Evie
Google  Garston Woodcutters Social Club
and on the home site you will see on the left hand side a Geneaology link.
Members of the club have a discussion thread on there ...My mate is from Vulcan Street- I will ask him about the Bates family.
There are Bates family here, but it may be a while before I see any to ask them..
allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Mulan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello There
can anybody help me with information from  the Garston area of liverpool i am trying find a location site for  photographer  Morris Richards  Carlton studio   GARSTON
  Maybe a senior citizen may remember  hoping to hear from you 
thank you
Glenarm 

I am also researching this topic and was so delighted to find your message on this site. This photographer was my husbands grandfather but because all of the family have died I was having difficulty finding this information and he also called his business by his  Christian names rather than using his surname.

We have family photos from this photography studio with stamps on the back that say "Richards Carleton Studio Garston" "Morris Richards Photographer Carlton Studio Garston" and one with 2 stamp for Morris and a newer one on top with "Portrait by H.V. Richards 25 or 29 Wood Street Wakefield"  and my dad said Dick twice was actually Richard Richards. I wonder if Richard Richards is Morris Richards father? the photos date from 1923, 1934, 1940, 1942

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 14:11 GMT (UK) »
HELLO THERE,

It was my Granny's brother who had the shop.   Their original family name was Cheetham and they all changed their name to Richards... Hence one brother become known at Dickie twice.   There were a lot of brothers (and also 3 sisters), and most of the brothers were photographers also.   Hence the one in Wakefield.   Are you a descendant of this family or have you just found some photos from the shop?

There are quite a lot of descendants still around by the way.   Perhaps they will contact you.

Best dotty

Offline Mulan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 16:55 GMT (UK) »
HELLO THERE,

It was my Granny's brother who had the shop.   Their original family name was Cheetham and they all changed their name to Richards... Hence one brother become known at Dickie twice.   There were a lot of brothers (and also 3 sisters), and most of the brothers were photographers also.   Hence the one in Wakefield.   Are you a descendant of this family or have you just found some photos from the shop?

There are quite a lot of descendants still around by the way.   Perhaps they will contact you.

Best dotty
Hello Dottie,  I am descended from cousins of Dickie Twice's wife according to my dad who met him. He mentioned other cousins Edwards's, Peggie Sharp and Ditchburn's does that ring a bell?
Thanks for the fast reply :-)
Esther

Offline Rayvnne69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Dottyc Do you think we could be related somewhere