Author Topic: trigg family  (Read 10807 times)

Offline Robthyde

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trigg family
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 03 November 16 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret, No didnt get an unfinished reply. 
Connie's death info very useful, what was her married name? I will look for Gerald..

I would love to see those photographs. I have nothing from Ambrose's side of the family, again due probably to James's early death.

You can send by email: (*)

I will send you a photo of Ambrose, to see if there are any family resemblances....

I intend going back to Kimberley to take better photographs of James and Lydia's grave. I will send those on also.

Let me know if there are any other graveyards worth searching. I carry a notebook with all churchyards of interest with me, so on my travels, if I get the chance I go and have a look. I get back to Nottinghamshire a couple of times a month....

thanks
Rob

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 21 January 17 09:22 GMT (UK) »
You folks should also take a look at the will of William (IIRC) Trigg, a "Protestant gentleman" of Wexford, who died around 1866. He was a brush maker, with a shop on Main St. A grandson of his   married a relative of mine.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline margaret dennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 22 January 17 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply re William. Did he live on Main St Clonmel. Tipparary? Thomas did and had a neighbour Trigg possible relative. I can't get any info re thomas, or son Benjamin b Clonmel 1819 until he moves to Rotherham and is married there I will look into the Wexford angle. will try and find will of William.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 22 January 17 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply re William. Did he live on Main St Clonmel. Tipparary? Thomas did and had a neighbour Trigg possible relative. I can't get any info re thomas, or son Benjamin b Clonmel 1819 until he moves to Rotherham and is married there I will look into the Wexford angle. will try and find will of William.

No, he lived in Main St. Wexford.
Will can be seen at
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/wr/007604272_00529.pdf
Will calendar entry
http://www.willcalendars.nationalarchives.ie/reels/cwa/005014886/005014886_00501.pdf
His grandson, Thomas Devereaux, married Catherine Rochford, a sister of my g...grandmother. A brother, John Rochford of Ballysampson, was an executor of the will.
Trigg's great-grandson, Richard Devereaux, was born and baptized in Wexford on 18 March 1862.
I know William Trigg was a brush maker from directories published in the 1820s and 1840s.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline margaret dennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 22 January 17 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Don't think William is a direct descendant of mine but I am sure he is a family member. There are very few Triggs in Ireland but ALL are brush and bellows makers. Seems unusual. Thanks for info.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 22 January 17 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Don't think William is a direct descendant of mine but I am sure he is a family member. There are very few Triggs in Ireland but ALL are brush and bellows makers....

Yes, seems certain that they were all related. But did you note the burial instructions in his will? This indicates that he was originally from the parish of Tintern, Co. Wexford. Griffith's valuation shows a Trigg there. Could be the origin of your Triggs?