Author Topic: trigg family  (Read 10833 times)

Offline debu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trigg family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 March 16 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Comfort Richard Trigg married Catherine Cutler, son Henry Thomas born 1849, Waterford City, there are also two other Triggs James Trigg married Margaret Power, their children James, born 1820, Thomas, born 1821, Stephen, born 1824, and Patrick born 1826, a Benjamin Trigg married Catherine McLoughlin, their children Anthony, born 1832, Sarah, born 1836, and John, born 1838, all Waterford City Jim

Offline margaret dennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 October 16 21:00 BST (UK) »
I too am searching for a "Thomas Trigg" Son Benjamin born 1819ish in Clonmel on the border of Waterford. Could he be a brother. He went to Rotherham in 1840 ish married a Sarah Goodlad and I have all info from there on. Thomas was a Brushmaker on Benjamin's wedding certificate.
Margaret Dennis

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Robthyde

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 31 October 16 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret, I would be interested in anything you have on Benjamin Trigg. He was my  GGG Grandfather.  He married Sarah Eliza Goodland  as you say in Rotherham 1841. I have lots of info, but virtually nothing on Benjamin or his ancestors..

Offline margaret dennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 00:07 GMT (UK) »
I have Benjamin Triggs wedding cert. Born Clonmel Ireland,Brushmaker. Father Thomas, Brush maker.
Thomas listed in uk and us directories 1801-1825 and in shearmans directory of Waterford  1839. Both list him as brush maker. Shearmans living main St Clonmel. I found another reference to a Francis Trigg living next door to Thomas in Irish town Clonmel wondered if this could be a relative, and living next door.
I have all info on both Benjamin and Sarah after marriage. Sarah's parents Joseph and Martha were farmers. Can't get much further with them although think I have Joseph's birth.   All I have proof of Benjamin's birth is father of Benjamin is Thomas. Can't get further in Clonmel. Margaret

Offline Robthyde

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret, thats interesting, I had nothing on Benjamin as Ireland seems to be a grey area. As you have found the records just arent available. I do have the basics on Martha and Joseph, but again the trail goes cold, at least online. I will get to Staveley at some point to look further.
There are a lot of Derbyshire records online so have been surprised I cannot trace Joseph or Martha. If I remember right there are two Martha candidates born Staveley, so without any marriage details for Joseph and Martha I have come to a halt.

Benjamin and Sarah had 4 children I believe. Their daughter Sarah Ann married Samuel Thorley, an engine driver on the Railway. I have all the info from there.. Just frustrating that the Ireland records are not there. 

thanks again
Rob

Offline margaret dennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert,
I too am from Sarah and Samuel Thorley. Benjamin was my GG grandpa. My grandparents were Benjamin James and Ada. Mum, Dorothy Ada Thorley and Samuel Sills.I live in Australia and have no relatives left to visit so would be grateful of any info if you go to Staveley. I've tried the graveyard on line and found death of Joseph. Address of cemetery is Inkertell road. Buried 26th August 1835.  Birth year estimated 1764 which fits. Love a photo if grave still visible. I am new to roots web and this connection is fantastic even though we are both at the same brick walls. Margaret

Offline Robthyde

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 20:21 GMT (UK) »
OK Margaret. Benjamin married Ada Hall?, I only have their info up to the 1911 census, at that stage they had only 4 children, Benjamin, Constance, Mabel and Gertrude.

I did trace  Samuel's Parents, James Thorley and Lydia Limb. James and Lydia are buried in Kimberley Churchyard, I have a photo of the headstone (although it had broken from the ground). James parents were Francis Thorley and Sarah Meakin.  Trail goes cold then I have been to Cossall but nothing to be found. Lydia's parents, Michael Limb and Ann Smedley. Michael was son of Samuel Limb and Jane Leivers. Ann was daughter of William Smedley and Rachel Hooley. Williams parents were George and Elizabeth I believe. Rachels were  Robert Hooley and Sarah Monson. Trail runs cold after Roberts parents, John and Mary.

Samuel and Sarahs son, James Frederick was my G Grandad, my Dad was named after him.