Author Topic: BLUETT in Plymouth, 1851?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline jannergray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
BLUETT in Plymouth, 1851?
« on: Monday 08 December 08 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

Ive been searching for hours now for my BLUETT ancestors on the 1851 Plymouth Census.

They should be on Old Town Street, or very local area (i.e. Cambridge Street, Morley Street, etc) but I can not find them.

Im looking for my 2xGt Grandfather Ebenezer BLUETT born 1834, Plymouth. His Father was Joseph BLUETT born 1808, Plymouth.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Graham

PS - Ive tried searching BLEWETT and Ive got Ebenezer for all other Censuses upto 1901! 1851 is the only gap!

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluett in Plymouth, 1851?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Have you ever gone into this site about Plymouth

http://www.cyber-heritage.co.uk/

It is stuffed with images, not an easy site to navigate but you might find something of interest!

There is also  this one
 http://www.devonheritage.org/Places/Plymouth/Plymouth.htm

happy new year
foxy
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 12:55 GMT (UK) »
so have you trawled the actual images for those streets, or just relied on an indexed search ?

There is a reference in the Enumerators Page of District 1q to the North side of Morley street, and Cambridge - Old Town Street is only referenced in Dist 1v, and specifies East side ......
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jannergray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Newf

Ive gone via indexes and when that failed Ive trawled through the streets.

Its very odd.

I know my lot lived at Old Town Street and Ive got a baptism reference to Mary Ann BLUETT who was baptised at Charles Church on 15th June 1851. The address is recorded as Old Town Street so this matches other records.

I wonder if somehow my lot were just completely missed off the Census? This must be pretty rare though?!

One to ponder eh?!

Graham

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 13:11 GMT (UK) »
There is a reference in the Enumerators Page of District 1q to the North side of Morley street, and Cambridge - Old Town Street is only referenced in Dist 1v, and specifies East side ...... 46 pages in that District !

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Nat Archives makes no comment about the PIECE numbers other than to say St Andrews is divided between HO 107/1877 & 1879 ... I havent delved into that any more tho ...

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 13:19 GMT (UK) »
another comprehensive website about Plymouth

http://www.plymouthdata.info/contents.htm

have fun!
foxy
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline spygla5s

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BLUETT in Plymouth, 1851?
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 22:13 BST (UK) »
Just stumbled across your request for help.  My wife is a Bluett, descended from Joseph`s brother William.  I have a transcript of the family bible written by the said William, which shows the family living in Old Town Street, Clarence Street, Burton Side [now Breton Side], and Basket Street at various times between 1798 and 1847.  Unfortunately, William the writer of the bible, moved to London around 1833, and mention of the Plymouth Bluetts ends there, as far as the bible is concerned.  Contact me if I can fill in any gaps for you of Joseph`s immediate family.