Author Topic: Abder Ahmed and Hydi Mohamed Cardiff  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Janed

• I am sorry but my email address has stopped working please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Abder Ahmed and Hydi Mohamed Cardiff
« on: Monday 07 February 05 02:14 GMT (UK) »
I knew I shouldn't have complained about Lewis and Rees because the nmaes I am finding are becoming more and more unusual.
Two daughter of my gggreat aunt married in 1915 and 1916 Hydi Mohamed and Abder Ahmed. They will have been living in Roath/ Splott at that time and I image that these 2 men will be seamen. However I was wondering if any body knew anything about the area at that time and whether what must have been a cross cultural marriage was common at that time

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Abder Ahmed and Hydi Mohamed Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 February 05 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gary Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 June 17 03:16 BST (UK) »
Hello! I'm Gary Jones from Cardiff, my great-grandfather was named Hydi Mohammed, he married Isabella Stewart in 1915, his best man/ witness was recorded as Abdullah Ahmed. His daughter was Miriam Isabel Lewis, nee Mohammed, she passed away this year at 97. We've been trying to trace our ancestry too, it looks as if his name was Hadi, but misspelled Hydi, which actually makes him easier to track! We found a marriage certificate between Hydi and Isabella,and other letters after her passing, Isabella was living in Ferry road,  Cardiff, but later moved to Splott. Would be fascinated to compare notes !

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 June 17 08:48 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Gary  :) :).

Sounds like you are related but Janed hasn't been active on rootschat since 2008 - you can see this if you click on their name - and the profile says that their email address is not active, sadly. When you have made 2 more posts  [just reply twice to this thread] you could try sending them a personal message [pm] by clicking on the text icon under their profile.

Wishing you luck in your c ontact.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 June 17 10:35 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately it looks like Janed's email address is no longer valid so they would get notifications of any posts to this thread or Personal Messages since this message appears under there username-
I am sorry but my email address has stopped working please contact support for help (the contact support for help bit is for them to get in touch to update their details)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gary Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 June 17 23:27 BST (UK) »
Ah that's a pity, but thanks to you both for replying, and congratulations on such a nice forum! All the best, Gary