Author Topic: eastwood church, eastwood essex  (Read 60333 times)

Offline devonblue

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: eastwood church, eastwood essex
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 April 09 07:50 BST (UK) »
Amanda, This was the message I saw this thread on:
 Re: Menty LOVERIDGE
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 April 09 23:50 BST (UK) »   

~~~~~~~~
hi shushie,
just wanted to say that there are some "loveridge's" listed on the travelling board under, eastwood church, eastwood, essex.
the details are what i have listed so there may not be anything new there for you but just thought you may want to have a nose.

also to anyone else searching, there are a few other names listed also.
some one said i should re-name the heading....think i  might as it seems to be proving useful to a lot of people.
good luck all.

Colleen, Thanks for this,  it is the James I mentioned above. Wow you're a star.
Midlands:Bayliss, Clemo, Eburn, Evans, Finney, Mayo, Morris, Rhead, Shutt, Upton, Waterhouse, Woodward, Wright, Woolley, Wyatt, 
Devon: Gillard, Jenkins, Manfield, Morrish, Palk, Salter, Shire, Scorse, Summers, Wood,
Dorset:  Fudge, Roberts,Trowbridge,
Montgomeryshire: Evans
Norfolk: Bond, Everard, Riches,
Somerset:Clothier, Hockey, Jenkins, Shire
Ireland:Mihill, Woodward, Zumach
Scotland:Lewis
Travellers:Cooper, Davies, Hughes, Manley, Orchard, Penfold, Roberts, Small, Wells/Wills

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 April 09 13:35 BST (UK) »
hello there,

the only coopers i have are, as follows;

bert cattano aged 21yr father edmund cattano to eliza cooper 21yr, father ben cooper witnessed by pender & prudence buckley 09/07/1923.

i know there are some cooper burials at the church but i dont have those listed. if you would like the details though i dont mind having a look for you. let me know

happy hunting ;D
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

Offline TaraK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 15:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my great-grandfather. The first record I can find of him is his marriage to Mary Ann Osborne in Cambridge, UK, in 1911, followed by his military record in 1916. On both of these documents he is listed as Joseph Livermore, although I also have a paper clipping from later in his life where he is Joseph F Livermore.

From his ages on his marriage certificate, military record and gravestone, his birthdate should be between May and June 1889. I believe he lived in Essex before marrying in Cambridge. His father's name, from his marriage certificate, was John Livermore.

As there are no census or birth records, I was wondering if he could be from a travelling family and I was searching on his name and came up with this post. Do you have any record of anyone in this area who could be my great-grandfather or his father? A long shot I know but no harm asking!

Thanks

Tara

Offline devonblue

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 20:30 BST (UK) »
hello there,

the only coopers i have are, as follows;

bert cattano aged 21yr father edmund cattano to eliza cooper 21yr, father ben cooper witnessed by pender & prudence buckley 09/07/1923.

i know there are some cooper burials at the church but i dont have those listed. if you would like the details though i dont mind having a look for you. let me know

happy hunting ;D

Sorry have only just seen this - due to various reasons I haven't been on here recently.  Thanks for the offer but I don't need Cooper burials right now as I'm not sure who I've got yet!! Thanks anyway.
Midlands:Bayliss, Clemo, Eburn, Evans, Finney, Mayo, Morris, Rhead, Shutt, Upton, Waterhouse, Woodward, Wright, Woolley, Wyatt, 
Devon: Gillard, Jenkins, Manfield, Morrish, Palk, Salter, Shire, Scorse, Summers, Wood,
Dorset:  Fudge, Roberts,Trowbridge,
Montgomeryshire: Evans
Norfolk: Bond, Everard, Riches,
Somerset:Clothier, Hockey, Jenkins, Shire
Ireland:Mihill, Woodward, Zumach
Scotland:Lewis
Travellers:Cooper, Davies, Hughes, Manley, Orchard, Penfold, Roberts, Small, Wells/Wills

Offline TaraK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 28 June 09 20:55 BST (UK) »
I don't have any additional information re siblings, but could you please give me the age of James Livermore when he married Matilda Buckley in 1912, as that may help eliminate one area of my research. Could you also confirm if James' father, Harry, was deceased when he married and his occupation.

Thanks very much!

Tara

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 06 July 09 11:29 BST (UK) »
hi there,
sorry, didnt know you had asked question,

james livermore 22 bachelor, hawker, of eastwood, father harry livermore, hawker (alive) to
matilda buckley 19, spinster, hawker of eastwood, father lazarus buckley, hawker (alive) 04/08/1912 witnessed by william webb & beatrice buckley (ALL signed with X )
beatrice was the sister to matilda and she went on to marry william, they are my g.grand-parents.
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline TaraK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 22:10 BST (UK) »
No problem, and thanks for replying, although I'm still none the wiser! There is a James Livermore, aged 3, listed on the 1891 census 'in a caravan on West Tilbury Common', next to the caravan inhabited by the Buckleys (including Lazarus). James had a brother, Joseph, who I believe could be my Grandfather. James and Joseph's mother was Sarah, who was listed as widowed on the census, aged 23. Sarah was from Cambridgeshire, which was where my Grandfather settled later in life.

However, I know my Grandfather's father's name was John from his marriage certificate. Therefore, if James' father was also called John and was deceased, I could've ascertained a stronger link. However, I still haven't ruled out the Joseph 'on the common' as my Grandfather, as if James' father was alive at the time of his marriage, this is a different James to the one on the common (although this surprises me, as they lived in such close proximity to the Buckley family and the dates are almost exact). Anyway, I'll keep at it! Thanks very much for your help to date.

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 23:21 BST (UK) »
hello tarak
what are the forenames of the buckleys?, this might give me some more info as to whether they are beatrice & matilda's family in which case then it could be the james livermore i mentuioned!!!! just a guess!
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline TaraK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 09 July 09 00:00 BST (UK) »
Larzarus Buckley, born abt 1863 in Whitechapel, London, England, Head
Elizabeth Buckley, born abt 1871 in Haddenham, Hertfordshire, England, Wife
Lauder? Buckley, born abt 1890 Forest Gate, Essex, England, Daughter   

Living next to them are Frank and Jane Buckley with various children, and the Gordy, Land, Livermore and Webb families.

Is that Lazarus Matilda's father do you think?