Author Topic: Henry Clark Rye will 1832  (Read 13974 times)

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Clark Rye will 1832
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 05:19 BST (UK) »
Hello d195  Glad you made it back  I have not been able to tie Philip Clark b. approx 1733 to a baptism. He marries Mercy Waite in 1754 in Rye.    Henry Clark 1758-1832    Philip Clark 1787-1854 Illinois USA.  Philip Clark the Elder has will on the National Archives Documents Online  He died May31 1806 and is buried Rye St Mary churchyard  will proved in july 1806  sorry for missing dates but am not home.
        As soon as you have 3 posts you can PM  Are you in England?   I am in Washington state south of Seattle.  Do you have John Clark with a son Philip or Thomas died 1800 aged 67 buried Rye.  Mercy is in Rye parish register available on Ancestry  Looking forward to sharing info    LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

Offline d195

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 21:39 BST (UK) »
hi marinerclark,i've Thomas William bap 1857 son of  henry James married Jane Gosbee1846.Henry James son of John.John bap 1794 son of Henry and Mary.Just wondered if this Henry is same as your Henry.Yes am in England and used to live in Rye!!!

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 04:00 BST (UK) »
so Henry James married Jane Gosbee.  I'm confused where Clark fits in.
I believe John bap. 1794 is son of Henry Clark and Mary is my family brother to Philip and Edward who emigrated to US    Check out Playden Clark post  LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke

Offline d195

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 20:10 BST (UK) »
so Henry James married Jane Gosbee.  I'm confused where Clark fits in.
I believe John bap. 1794 is son of Henry Clark and Mary is my family brother to Philip and Edward who emigrated to US    Check out Playden Clark post  LizR
[

hi marinerclark, not understanding your comment  confused where clark fits in, also playden clark?

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 23 April 09 19:00 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to tie the John Clark b. 1694 in your first post to my Clarks  starting with Philip Clark b approx 1733 Playden Clark is the topic on the Sussex Board I have some more info about Henry Clark posted. Hope this made sense.  LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 23 April 09 19:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry I have not been making any sense.  Yes My Henry and yours are probably the same.  Do you have John Clark in the 1841 census.    Henry Clark and John Clark had a joint corn license in the early 1820's.  not known if this was father/son or brothers.  In 1806 will of Philip Clark Henry's occupation is listed as Grocer.   He suffered from seasickness so did not become a mariner like most of the family.  Do you have an occ for John.   Google Books has "Early Settlers of Sangamon Co Illinois.  Story of Henry Clark as told by Edward Clark,  Probably John Clark's brother.  Edward was born 1790 and died 1875 in Illinois US.  I am descended from Margaret Clark born Rye 1814 dau of Philip Clark and Elizabeth Gravett. Elizabeth died 1823 and 5 children sailed to America.   Have Henry's parents aand Mercy Waite Parents Will send when I get home this weekend   Sorry for mistake read 1794 as 1694  had a migraine LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke

Offline d195

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 23 April 09 21:24 BST (UK) »
hi marinerclark,have copy of john's marriage certificate to mary in1813,also copy of henry's baptism in1826 and henry's marr cert to jane gosbee in1846 it states john's occupation as shipwright.is philip,margaret and mercy john's brother and sisters?am starting to get a bit lost here!!!!!!!!john is my great, great, great, grandfather.

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 23 April 09 23:40 BST (UK) »
i'm not at home.  so this is from memory.  If your John is son of Henry Clark born 1759 died 1832(gravstone in Rye St Mary churchyard) then Philip(1787-1854) is his brother, Margaret (1814-1897) is his niece and Mercy Waite is his Grandmother.  Mercy Waite married Philip Clark 1754 in Rye They are parents to Henry, Thomas, Philip1767-1815),John,Richard,Mercy,Mary,Margaret.  This info from Philip Clark will Documents Online  You can download it for 3 pounds 50 pence.  Philip Clark had a shipyard on the strand and left enough behind to have a PCC will   Mercy Waite (waight) parents were Henery Waight and Grace Ashley  married 1728 Rye.  I,m stuck on Henry's bap  The only one right age to be married in 1728 was born in Graveend.  not impossilbe in a mariner family.  Whole string of Henry Waite's in Rye before that.     Let me know if I'm explaining better now.   Good to find you.   LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 03 December 16 04:13 GMT (UK) »
I have read Henry Clark's will proved june 1832 Archdeanry of Lewes.     The microfilm of theses wills is on the Family Search Website.  Lists of the probates and dates is on the ESRO website.  Family search is un indexed and hard to find.
      Henry leaves his estate to be divided between all his sons and daughters less any money loaned out to individuals and not repaid.  Executers were John Clark, Thomas Clark and James Smith of Cadborough Farm.  Will was written in 1819. James Smith died and Thomas Clark went to America.  John Applied to be sole executer and was accepted.   LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke