Author Topic: Margaret Kilroe c.1892  (Read 32882 times)

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Kilroe c.1892
« Reply #36 on: Monday 09 May 11 16:43 BST (UK) »
Kilroe- Durrow cemetery

Offline btc

• I am sorry but I am having problems with my emails at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 22:15 BST (UK) »
Ballinamona and Coniker are townlands in Durrow although the first is close enough to Tullamore. A son of Christy, in the headstone, lives in Ballinamona and would be receptive to snail mail.  I didn't know the family branch in Coniker and I don't think they are still there but there is another part of the same branch living at the High Road in Durrow probable address is Ballybought, Durrow.  These families are all related back to Ballycommon.
BC

Offline Anzen64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 01 March 18 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynne,
It has been a while since I have visited this board. I had contacted you quite a while ago about my Kilroe family. We hadn’t been able to connect because more research was needed. Happy to see you have gotten a lot of info. This week I have found a match to my DNA through Ancestry.com who is a woman descended from Peter and Esther Kilroe through Christopher Kilroe’s son, Patrick and his wife Pauline Dunne. In reading over all the latest posts I wonder if the Michael Kilroe who died in 1917 and was born in 1823 could be a brother to my Richard who was born in 1820s, Richard’s DC states his father was Michael as well. Richard also lived to be pretty old in spite of the hard life he had. He was a laborer and lost two of the fingers on his right hand during the Battle of Petersburg in the American Civil War. I am pretty certain that if I share DNA with this other Kilroe descendant it would be through the Kilroe line. I was fortunate to travel to Ireland a year or so ago and stayed in Tullamore. It would be great to take the Kilroe family back further but records are so sparse. Will keep digging! Recently found that Richard and his first wife, Jane Kolly, were married in Moate and had 2 sons,, Stephan and Thomas. Don’t know what happened to them. Just very excited to have found a DNA match with Kilroe ties. I have written to the woman I match but have not heard back, hopefully I will. I will definitely tell her about this post so she can check it out. Hopefully it is still an active thread! Best,
Eileen

Offline Maia261

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 02 March 18 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eileen,

I have found dribbles of information on my Kilroes but not really that much further forward (or backward as the case may be).

My 3 X Great Grandfather Michael Kilroe (Peters' father) was born between 1821 and 1831 in either King's County or Westmeath.

Married Mary Dunne on 26 Sep 1852, Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland (Ireland, Catholic Parish Registers, 1655-1915)
Also found here: https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000635217#page/170/mode/1up

1901 Census: 15 Montrath, Rahugh, Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland - a Farmer aged 70 (potential birth year 1831), Birth Place: King's County with wife Mary aged 70 (her actual age was 73) and unmarried son James aged 40

1911 Census: 28 Montrath, Rahugh, Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland - a General Labourer & widower aged 90 (potential birth year 1821), Birth Place: Westmeath with unmarried son James aged 50

Death: 9 Apr 1917, Lunatic Asylum, Mullingar, Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland. Age: 94. Married. Labourer. From Mountrath, Tyrrellspass, County Westmeath, Ireland. Senility: 4 years, 1 month & 25 days. Informant: J. Duignan, Mullinger, present at death. (potential birth year 1823)

He is buried at Rahugh, Tullamore, Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland with no headstone (this information from Mary fitzpatrick)

I have been unable to find a baptism for Michael so far, although I have information that his parents could possibly be Peter Kilroe & Mary Walsh (I can't for the life of me remember where this came from) or Michael Kilroe & M. Brennan.

I have the following children for Michael and Mary, there are gaps, especially between Peters baptism in 1855 and Michaels in 1860. I have also been unable to find a baptism for James despite scouring the records - this is not helped by me getting side-tracked when I come across other records from other branches while doing so - I need to be more focused and strict with myself:

Mary Kilroe
Birth 1853 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Baptism: 24 Apr 1853 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Death 27 Jul 1933 • 1 Seapoint Road, Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland

Mary married James Crinnion on 8 Aug 1875 • Roman Catholic Chapel of Kilbeggan, Kilbeggan, Tullamore, County Westmeath, Ireland and I have traced 9 children for them but no Michael which would follow the Irish naming pattern.

Peter Kilroe (My 2 X Great Grandfather)
Birth 1855 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Baptism: 25 Feb 1855 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Death 21 Jul 1913 • Kilmurry, Ballycommon, Tullamore, King's County, Ireland

Married Esther Sheeran 15 Aug 1878 • Tullamore, King's County, Ireland (Unfortunately no image available) and I have traced 12 children that they had.

Michael Kilroe
Birth 1860 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Baptism: 29 Jun 1860 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Death Unknown
No further information found on Michael.

James Kilroe
Birth ABT 1861 • Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland
Baptism: None found
Death 6 Jan 1941 • Mountrath, Kilbeggan, Moycashel, County Westmeath, Ireland (James died a bachelor in a house fire)

So in essence, the sticking point is still Michaels' birth and parentage and it is this I really need to concentrate on and methodically search the baptisms, probably fanning out from Kilbeggan to have any success and not get side-tracked when I find other lines.  :)

Best Wishes
Lynn
Mackay – Inverness, Ross and Cromarty & Sutherland
Watson – Inverness-Shire & Ross and Cromarty
Douglas – Inverness-Shire & Moray
Sutherland – Caithness
Kilroe – Inverness & Ireland
Paterson - Banff
Clark – Glasgow & Ireland
Thomson – Caithness
Montgomery – Ross and Cromarty
Allanach – Moray & Glenbucket, Aberdeen
Smith – Banff
McLellan - Glenmoriston & Islay
Harvey – Glasgow & Ireland
Miller – Edinburgh & Caithness
Shearer - Caithness

Offline Anzen64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 04 March 18 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Lynne,
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate all the info you sent and have printed out the data. I was so interested to see that you think it oossible that Peter Kilroe’s grandfather might be named Michael. Michael is the name listed on my GGGrandfather’s death Certificate issued in New York City. That could make him Peter’s uncle and explain my DNA match to another of Peter’s descendents. I have been looking through the RC records also in hopes of finding a clue. As I have said Richard Kilroe was married the first time in Moate and again in Clonaslee after his first wife died. Loking at the map all these places are relatively close. Will keep digging on my end and if I find anything will post it here to share. Many thanks!
Best,
Eileen

Offline mitchy1121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 17:38 GMT (UK) »
I searching for relatives of my 2nd great grandmother Catherine Kilroe 20 May 1872 Banagher , Kings County -27 Nov 1936 NYC married Matthew Murray

Her Parents :
Laurence Kilroe 1838 Ferbane - 19 Jun 1911 Offaly has a townsland i was told but can't find.
married I believe Parsontown  1864
Bridget Dolan 1835 ? Lisdaly
19 Dec 1916 Cloughillmore Kings Co.
Cant find their parents or siblings!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michele OBX,NC

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline mitchy1121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hallmark .
I have those cenus and I'm trying to get passed Laurence Kilroe and Bridget Dolan's Ancestors parents etc...  Also I was told  he had a townland he owned but can't find the name of it.