Author Topic: LEA & HOCKENHULL; c1790s-1900s; Cheshire > Shropshire  (Read 10605 times)

Offline Tiggerwoods

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LEA & HOCKENHULL; c1790s-1900s; Cheshire > Shropshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 October 08 17:39 GMT (UK) »
I have a tree on Genes R as well, Stephanie.  You can contact me through there or become a free member on Ancestry.

Offline fsavage08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 10:35 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this website but found your note very interesting and I will try and do some work on it:

My family are from this area:

- Forresters were from Prees/Wem/Hodnet area of Shropshire from 1700 and still are. I cannot see a direct link to Hannah yet but will go through my records.

- My gran's family were all from Wrenbury, Cheshire (Morrey family) and I am sure my Dad will now the Hockenulls. Indeed even I can remember this family owning a farm around there since I remember being on the lorry as a kid when picking the milk up as a dairy far.

I will see what I can dig up and will be in touch. Perhaps you have some more information on Hannah that may help?

Thanks

Robert

Offline fsavage08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 10:46 GMT (UK) »
 Hi I have just joined rootschat as I saw the post by Robert F about the Morrey family in Wrenbury.  He talks about his gran and I was wondering if he has any info on the Morreys.I am researching the Morreys in Cheshire (I have Mary Morrey married Jacob Cooke in 1814 in Acton) I am trying to work out her parents She says she was born in Baddiley c 1793 in 1851 census but there is no Mary in the parish records. There is a Martha who I hope is her sister in 1793 parents John and Mary. This is all I have.) Hoping for any help
Thanks
Felicity Savage in South Australia

Offline MaggieL

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 January 09 01:05 GMT (UK) »
I have Hannah Lea of Worleston, baptised Feb 13 1748 in Acton who married Thomas Morrey in Acton on 09 Feb 1768.  My interest is in the Lea family. Hannah was my 4 x gr aunt :)
Bushnell, Duxbury, Lea, Littlejohn, Urwick, Puleston

Offline jmorrey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 September 14 17:51 BST (UK) »
Most the Morreys in Baddiley were Quakers until about 1830.  You would probably find Mary's birth record in the Quaker records.

Offline allanvirr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 05 December 16 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Stephanie,

It may be that we share common ancestors:

My Great Grandmother, Betsy Baker Parker, was born in Liverpool, where her father, Thomas, had moved.  He was a White Cooper and Beerhouse Keeper from Grindley Brook near Whitchurch, Shropshire.

According to the 1951 census he was living in Wybunbury near Nantwich, Cheshire with his parents Thomas and Elizabeth (nee Hockenhull - I think).  His married sister, Betsy Baker (who my Great Grandmother was named after) was also living with them.

In 1841 the family were living in Pillory Street in Nantwich.  There were two more children listed on the census.  In addition to Thomas and Betsy there was John and Mary (your Great Great Grandmother?).

Regards

Allan.