Author Topic: Tulip - Newburn or Tynemouth  (Read 12607 times)

Offline emmab57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tulip - Newburn or Tynemouth
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Joanna, I will have a look on that link.  I do not have any records on Dorothy, only what I found on the census.

Thanks again for getting back to me

Emma
Barron - Northumberland
Tulip - Northumberland
Parker - Northumberland
Wilson - Northumberland
Wilkinson - Northumberland
Johnson - Durham
Jackson - Durham
Charman - London
Taylor - London
Seekings - London
Scott - London
Eaton - London
Crane - London
Ford - London
Randall - London

Offline JoTH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - what a cutie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emma
If you want to send me a personal message with your email addy I will forward the jpg image on to you.  Just had another look and it not only gives Dorothy's parents but their fathers as well.

regards Joanna
Tulip, Button, Slater, Clay, Sleeman, Laverick, Whordley, Rowell.

Offline emmab57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Joanna

I will do that, had a look on that link and very interesting....will be up for hours now!  Thank you again

Emma
Barron - Northumberland
Tulip - Northumberland
Parker - Northumberland
Wilson - Northumberland
Wilkinson - Northumberland
Johnson - Durham
Jackson - Durham
Charman - London
Taylor - London
Seekings - London
Scott - London
Eaton - London
Crane - London
Ford - London
Randall - London

Offline golfer6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Joanna,
If it is any help, Throckley is in Newburn parish in the county of Northumberland. Newburn itself is lower down towards the river Tyne a couple of miles away. Ovingham is a parish a few miles upriver. My ancestor Samuel Tulip was born at Harlow Hill in that parish 1782.
Yours Peter
Hello Peter - this is my first attempt!!! I believe we are related to the same Samuel Tulip although I have him born12 Aug 1777 at Fulands Moor. The family left Harlow (harlah) Hill c.1774 One of 7 sons born to Samuel Tudop and Alice Green. In returning to this after several years do you have any info on the father of S Tudop? Could this be the Samuel  born 7 March 1746 to John Tudop or should I be back in the Tulip direction?

Offline JoTH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - what a cutie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi golfer6

I think Peter's Samuel is different to the one you have.  I also have Samuel 1777 son of Samuel (1746) & Alice and then go back another 2 generations. Yes Samuel (1746) was the son of John (1681) and Jane (Hall) and John son of Samuel (no date).  They are down as Tudop.

Joanna

Offline golfer6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi golfer6

I think Peter's Samuel is different to the one you have.  I also have Samuel 1777 son of Samuel (1746) & Alice and then go back another 2 generations. Yes Samuel (1746) was the son of John (1681) and Jane (Hall) and John son of Samuel (no date).  They are down as Tudop.

Joanna
I have the same concern with this scenario as I had a few years ago.  If John b. 1681 then married Jane Hall 29 Jan 1720 when their 5th child Samuel was born he would have been 65years old. It is this that made me stop to question the TULIP v TUDOP.

I am happy with the Samuel- alice green Marriage of 14 May 1770 as although he was Tudop and their first seven children were the same the eighth was christened Tulip .The 5th and 7th offspring Samuel and Friend appear again at Samuels marriage in 1804 Friend is the witness. Friend as a christian name occurs later in our family. As this is where I was stuck last time how confident are you with this 65 year old father!!!!!!

Offline JoTH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - what a cutie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 01 October 09 12:01 BST (UK) »
Anything is possible!  I have noticed that age didn't seem to matter too much in having children - I guess Jane would have been elderly as well.  The only way to completely prove might be to have a look at the Ovingham Parish Registers.  I did go to the local LDS centre a couple of years ago where you can order a microfiche of the registers using the information on their website.  I never got round to ordering Ovingham as I was concentrating on other areas at the time.

William Friend was witness at Samuel & Alice's marriage who also married Alice's sister, Mary so I guess that where the christian name Friend originates from and like you it is in my branch. The last one being William Friend Tulip who unfortunately was, to quote the census "an imbecile" and died in Sedgefield Lunatic Asylum!

Offline Natasha34

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 November 10 00:34 GMT (UK) »
I am a Tulip and our family originated in Durham....

Offline JoTH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - what a cutie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 04 November 10 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Since that post in 2001 I have established that my ancestors originally came from Ovingham, Northumberland and then moved around 1820s to Durham - I guess for the mining.

I wonder if we might be related in anyway, happy to swap notes!

regards
Joanna