Author Topic: Marriage/Baptism - TAYLOR - Aldenham  (Read 3731 times)

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage/Baptism - TAYLOR - Aldenham
« on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:09 GMT (UK) »
I would be grateful for the details of the marriage of John Taylor and Mary Milbourne 29 Oct 1803 Aldenham  also any baptism of their daughter Sarah Taylor around 1803
Many thenaks Annelsie

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Aldenham Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 January 09 23:30 GMT (UK) »
hi annelise

In response to your request this is the following entry in the parish records for their marriage:

October 29 1802 John Taylor bach. & Mary Milbourne, spin both of this parish. Banns. witness: John Bascott and George Nicholls.

I have looked for their daughter`s baptism but i cant find anything for 1803- 1807.

jackie

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 January 09 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Jackie. Mary Milbourne was transported to Australia in 1811 and I am trying to find out if Sarah went with her and if she is the Sarah Taylor who married Robert Garrad in Australia in 1826.
Annelsie

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 January 09 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annelise

I am very intrigued to know what Mary Milbourne was transported to Australia for, would she have been allowed to take a child with her and also why was she using her maiden name. Is it definitely the same person? I have looked to see if there is a death for John Taylor between 1803 until 1813 but there is nothing recorded .

Look forward to hearing from you. If you are certain that John Taylor is one of your rellies have you gone back any further on his side. I have access to the Parish registers of aldenham 1660-1812, so just let me know if i can be of a help.

Bye for now

Jackie

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 January 09 23:01 GMT (UK) »
hi annelise

Sorry I put the wrong year for john taylor`s marriage, it was 1803 I was half asleep when i wrote that reply.

Jackie

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jackie - Mary was tried and transported under the name of Mary Taylor - she was sentenced to 14 years for receiving stolen goods at Hertford Sessions on 3 may 1810 and arrived in NSW on 10 October 1811. Apparently women convicts were allowed to take their children - I am wondering if John Taylor had died because she married again in Sydney in 1812 to Thomas Partridge.
I am interested in her bacause the Robert Garrad who married Sarah Taylor was my 4x great grandfather - he left behind a wife and two small children when he was transported also in 1811. He becme a prosperous landowner - his family back in Wickham Skeith stayed as aglabs.

Margaret

Offline lithgowwood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage/Baptism - TAYLOR - Aldenham
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 December 09 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Firstly, I am interested to know how it has been established that Mary Milbourne had a daughter called Sarah.

Could "Sarah", the suggested daughter of Mary Milbourne and John Taylor, be the Sarah who is shown as the wife of James Smith, constable of Cabramatta in the 1828 NSW census.  Sarah is shown in the 1828 census as CF (came free) on Friends (the same ship that Mary Taylor arrived on) but the date is shown as 1817 (another convict ship Friendship arrived in 1818).  Errors were commonly made in the census though. 

I have seen on one site the suggestion that the Sarah Taylor who married Robert Garrard (shown as Garrett in NSW BDM site) was aboriginal.  I cannot find Robert Garrard in the NSW 1828 census which would show details of his wife.