Author Topic: Rooney family of Moyvore, Westmeath  (Read 14459 times)

Offline sileo2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney family of Moyvore, Westmeath
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 04:45 BST (UK) »
Aussie Irish,

Yes, I'm certain your Francis Rooney was the brother to my Patrick who died on October 22, 1917 in Aughnaboy (Piercetown), Parish of Moyvore, County Westmeath  (I have his funeral card) I don't have your e-mail.  Would love to hear from you and compare info :-)

Offline smoochie

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 July 10 21:33 BST (UK) »
My relative is Richard Rooney born 1929 Westmeath. Transported for stealing 1 sheep. Died 1864 in Glamorgan Tasmania. He was married to Sarah Elizabeth Sims in 1859, Tasmania. They had three children - Ellen Jane 1861- 1929, Patrick 1862 - 1929, and James 1864 - ?. I would love to know more if anyone has any other information.

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 August 11 06:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Smoochie, my grandfather was Patrick Rooney 1862 -  1929, any info I have have am willing to share  cheers  rainybell
Rooney/ Shaw/nevin/ wiltshire/ rose / welsh/ muldoon/ McIlwraith/ sims/ palmer/ fraser/

Offline smoochie

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 August 11 07:08 BST (UK) »
Would love to hear from you and would love to have any information that you have. I couldn't find out much about Patrick or his brother James. Ellen Jane was my GGG Grandmother. If you know any more about Richard Rooney's family or parents, it would be great. Photos would be awesome.
Regards,
Merilyn

Offline cappie9186

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 October 14 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, My grandfather is James Rooney.  My great grandfather is Patrick Rooney and my great grandmother is Mary Ann Ganly.  James came to New York and lived there for the rest of his life.  He had 4 children.  The first, a son (Patrick),  died at 3 months of age.  The second child, my mother, was Catherine Rooney.  James and his wife had two other daughters, Ann and Patricia, my aunts.  James had twelve grandchildren, my first cousins.  We were all very close growing up.  I am just beginning to explore my family history and would love to connect with anyone who is part of my family or who has information about it. 

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 October 14 07:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Cappie, not sure if we are connected, as our James father was Richard Rooney B..1829 in Ireland D..1864 in Tasmania Australia,his mother was Elizabeth Sarah nee Sims B 1843 England, James had a sister Ellen Jane B..1861 D..1934, and a brother Patrick B..1862 D 1929. James was B 25-12-1864, 6 mths after his father died. We think he went to Sydney Australia in 1883, and that was the last we know of him.  Good luck in your research Rainybell
Rooney/ Shaw/nevin/ wiltshire/ rose / welsh/ muldoon/ McIlwraith/ sims/ palmer/ fraser/