Author Topic: Cornelius Coffey- For Pelorus  (Read 6135 times)

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
Re: Cornelius Coffey- For Diana
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 January 09 03:54 GMT (UK) »
Phew!!! I was just about to bury my head in the sand ;D

Glad I was a bit of a help :)

Cheers
KHP :)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mk2_Zephyr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Cornelius Coffey- For Diana
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 January 09 04:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pelorus,

Its your grt grandmother who is related Katherine BRYERS,  :)

yep, keep digging everything will come up sooner or later, its another branch I have been slack on recently,  :-\

I will check the BDMs for all this branch very soon ....

Offline Pelorus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cornelius Coffey- For Pelorus
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 January 09 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mk2_Zephyr

Katherine Bryers was my great grandmother hence Alf and Mary Baker my grandparents.

Where do you fit in the family?

If you come up with any other info on Cornelius Charles Coffey I would be most grateful.

The link with Kiwihalfpint's extended family is interesting - my research also states that William Cornelius Coffey was married to Mary Cossey and they had three daughters.

Thanks for your input

Pelorus   

Offline twinklestar21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi i have been doing my family tree for many years i dont know how connected i cornelius charles coffey is connected to our line yet but we do have alot similar lines i do have a tree with cornelius Charles coffey who married Katherine or catherine nee Bryers..born 31 May 1866 Herbs Point, Washington County, Utah, United States death was 16 Mar 1924 Auckland NZ...We have alot missing tree branches in the coffey side from ireland..My gr grt grandfather was Andrew Coffey he had alot siblings and and his siblings had alot of children im trying to connect cornelius or his father Michael Coffey..I have Cornelius Charles Coffey born 1857 kerry Ireland died 18 May 1918 Auckland New Zealand the children that him and Katherine (catherine) had were James Michael Coffey 20 Jul 1887 wellington NZ died 28 Aug 1918 Bapaume, Pas-de-Calais, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France he was a war hero..his siblings he married Nori Hokimate Kawiti Coffey (Paraone) went by kawiti (meaning Coffey) her nee name Paroane..Cornelius other children were john,Mary Patrick,William,Ellen,Baby Coffey..William Cornelius Coffey  1891 -1965 birth Northland  married Mona Winifred Cossey birth 1910 some photos i have and lots more info.....contact me im trying to connect our coffey lines back to ireland as well..

Offline twinklestar21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Cornelius Charles Coffey one of his sons James Michael Coffey and wife Nori  Paroane had 4 children what I have  son william Coffey (half caste Maori) born 29 Mar 1916 Kawakawa Bay Of Islands NZ Death 16 May 2006 Auckland NZ he married Kathleen (nee Williams) Coffey..Good looking guy..they had 8 children..one died young baby 2 yrs old Tamati Coffey..Im trying to connect the branches as alot of the surnames now are joining up with the tree branches on alot sides..of the whanau

Offline DavidCoffeyNZ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 13 February 22 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone! My name is David Coffey, Michael James Coffey is my Great Grandfather,
I have also traced the Bryers family back as far as I could, I ended up at John Bryers, Birth: 1785, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom, If you need more information get in touch.

Here is a link to find what ship everyone arrived on and more, https://www.houseofnames.com/coffey-family-crest

*One thing I am having a really hard time trying to find is anything on Charles Coffey (Father of Cornelius Charles Coffey / Michael James Coffey's Grandfather) If anyone has any information on him please let me know asap be it Parents, Birth, Death, Middle name, etc*

Stoked I came across this thread! Seems like I'm not the only one trying to piece everything together, As the youngest born in my family I decided to take up the role of historian and can probably help explain most of the connections between us all you have previously talked about,

When Cornelius Charles Coffey was born about 1857, in County Kerry, Ireland, his father, Charles Coffey, was 27 and his mother, Mary Mangen, was 27. He married Katherine Bryers in 1885, in New Zealand. They were the parents of at least 5 sons and 2 daughters. (Patrick Coffey 1886–1887, Michael James Coffey 1887–1918, Mary Coffey 1888–1960, William Cornelius Coffey 1891–1965, Ellen Coffey 1894–1972, It also looks like they had 2 other babies but they must have died very young age) His occupation is listed as a farmer in Maromaku, New Zealand. He died on 18 May 1918, in Kawakawa, New Zealand, at the age of 61, and was buried in Auckland, New Zealand?.

When Michael James Coffey was born on 20 July 1887, in Wellington, New Zealand, his father, Cornelius Charles Coffey, was 30 and his mother, Katherine Bryers, was 21. He married Nori Hokimate Kawiti Paraone about 1914, in Auckland, New Zealand. They were the parents of at least 2 sons and 2 daughters. (Mereana Te Rope ( Toro Matiu) 1911–1913, Waina Te Hana ( Toro Matiu)
1912–1916, Te Riri Coffey 1914–1915, William Coffey 1916–2006),
In 1916, at the age of 29, his occupation is listed as railways, also labourer in Kaikohe, Northland, New Zealand. He died on 28 August 1918, in Bapaume, Pas-de-Calais, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France, at the age of 31, and was buried in Bapaume, Eure-et-Loir, Centre-Val de Loire, France.

Offline Mk2_Zephyr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 May 22 04:08 BST (UK) »
i do have a tree with cornelius Charles coffey who married Katherine or catherine nee Bryers..born 31 May 1866 Herbs Point, Washington County, Utah, United States

This would be Herds Point, Rawene, not USA.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 30 May 22 05:27 BST (UK) »
Hi David, and welcome to RootsChat  :)

Regards

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ