Author Topic: Jonathon Henry LING  (Read 13629 times)

Offline ckbartley5

• RootsChat Extra
  • William Henry & Eva Annie Ling
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathon Henry LING
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deborah,

Great to hear from you!  :D  I feel like doing cartwheels right now!!  I have been stuck for ages on John and Mary Ling - I have a distant cousin in New Zealand who will be also doing cartwheels as well as she is also stuck on the same spot.

I had listed Henry, Alice, Susannah as siblings on my tree, but was not 100% certain this was correct.  It is wonderful to see its true.

If you like, have a look at my tree on Ancestry.  If you send me your direct email, I will send you a direct link invite.  Email me on

Moderator Comment: email address removed as per RootsChat policy. This is to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

New members need 3 posts for the PM system to open up to them. 

I would love to find out what other information you have and share what little I have.

Well, must go do some more cartwheels (and work).  Thank you so much for contacting me  :D

Regards
Kelly
Ling, Blair, Mason, Oglethorpe, Curley, Chick

Offline melvyn ling

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Well Hello all you ling researchers. My name is Melvyn Ling and i too have been stuck on John and Mary Ling. I am looking for Johnathon and Susannahs older half  brother William born abt 1825 in the 1851 census it says birth place as Hockley Essex. Now William is born of a different mother and this is where i get lost. John Sr would be my gt gt gt gt grandfather. Funny enough while googling the name Ling i came across a Capt William Ling a pirate who was hung in New Providence Nassau Bahamas in 1718. We are all abunch of pirates lol ;D. Any more info that you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks from Canada.
lings and siddles

Offline ckbartley5

• RootsChat Extra
  • William Henry & Eva Annie Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 December 09 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Melvyn,

Good to hear from you.  I am interested in your Ling lineage.  Are you a direct descendent of William Ling.  I would be interested in knowing more about this line.  Email me directly if you like on

Regards
Kelly

Moderator Comment: email address removed as per RootsChat policy. This is to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

New members need 3 posts for the PM system to open up to them. 
Ling, Blair, Mason, Oglethorpe, Curley, Chick

Offline melvyn ling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 December 09 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Yes Kelly i am a direct descendant. I am stuck trying to find John Lings first wife father of William born abt 1825. Runnng out of ideas on how and where to look.
lings and siddles

Offline Carly muller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 July 14 21:58 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information about Henry john ling mother Susannah Mary ling, . Henry john married fanny croft in 1873 Bathurst, lived in Manly, worked at gas works

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 00:29 BST (UK) »
Death notice SMH 4Nov1924 http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/page/1224298
LING - November 3, 1924, at her residence, 71 Stuart Street, Manly, Fanny Caroline, widow of the late Henry Ling, aged 72 years.
Funeral notice: Manly Cemetery
SMH 4Nov1924 http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16172427

Deceased Estate http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexsearch/searchhits.aspx?table=Deceased%20Estates&ID=15&query=Fanny%20ling&frm=0
Fanny Caroline LING; Manly; date of death 03/11/1924   ; Pre A 010994 [20/1018]   - Occupation: widow   

Deceased Estate http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexsearch/searchhits.aspx?table=Deceased%20Estates&ID=15&query=Henry%20ling&frm=0
Henry LING; Manly; date of death 18/02/1905; Item [19/10257]; Reel 3034   -   

Manly Cemetery grave register mixed denomination (part 1)
(See page 20)  http://www.manly.nsw.gov.au/DownloadDocument.ashx?DocumentID=1801
Section S, Plot 285
LING, Henry, date of interment 18/2/1905, age 65, Stuart Street Manly
LING, Fanny Caroline, date of interment 4/11/1924, age 72

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 00:29 BST (UK) »
NSW Electoral Roll 1870 BATHURST
Edward CROFT, Kepple St, householder
Edward CROFT, junior, Kepple St, residence
NONE listed for the surname LING

GREVILLE Post Office Directory 1875 BATHURST
Charles CROFT, miller, Piper St
E CROFT, mason, Kepple St

NSW ER 1870  ST LEONARDS (JM notes it would include Manly NSW)

NSW ER 1878 BATHURST
Edward CROFT, Kepple St, householder
Edward CROFT, junior, Kepple St, residence
William CROFT, Ranken St, householder

NSW ER 1878  ST LEONARDS

City of Sydney has uploaded the Sands Directories and they are free to search
http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/learn/search-our-collections/sands-directory

May I ask if anyone has an official transcription of the 1873 marriage at Bathurst?  NSW BDM ref seems to be #1846, with the groom indexed as Henry LING and the bride as Fanny Caroline Siggs CROFT.    It is entirely possible that the NSW BDM registration has not yet been reconciled by NSW BDM to the Church registers.   If so, then it is possible that NSWBDM records do not include the details for the parents of Henry and Fanny, or perhaps the usual addresses and occupations for them, or their recorded ages.   However that vital family history information WAS required to be recorded, and is usually still findable, on the parish registers. 

Here’s a thread that may help you confirm that the chap who married at Bathurst in 1873 is the same chap as you are all posting about.    Briefly, I am suggesting that you obtain an official transcription, and then with the info available on that document (name of the clergy, and his denomination), you locate where the Church register is currently located.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=546609.0

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 00:32 BST (UK) »
NSW ER 1903, NORTH SYDNEY polling at Manly
LING
Beatrice Naone, of Stuart St, domestic duties
Fanny, of Stuart St, domestic duties
Henry, of Stuart St, stoker

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Carly muller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 01:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks that all sounds right, I made the mistake, I will get a copy of their marriage certificate. All your information is correct, including daughter. Thank you.