Author Topic: Noonans from Charleville  (Read 6099 times)

Offline john kavanagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Noonans from Charleville
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 August 09 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you for your messages.

I have check the 1911 census but for some reason the information i have which is from the irish family history foundation does not show up on the 1911 census????

john kavanagh
Seeger / Seegar Germany / Williams Wales / Kavanagh Maher Noonan Ryan Raleigh all Ireland / Pettitt / Fox / Rolls / Eccleston /

Offline treegirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 September 09 19:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Neptune for the fantastic link! Have had great fun looking up various members of the family - although James Noonan still remains elusive! ;)

TreeGirl :)

Offline Hevver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 19:41 BST (UK) »
On the subject of Charleville, I wonder if anybody has any information on the Fitzgerald/Biggane families of Broghill.

Any information would be brilliant.

Thank you
Hevver

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 October 09 09:21 BST (UK) »
On the subject of Charleville, I wonder if anybody has any information on the Fitzgerald family of Broghill, Brigid .....

Any information would be brilliant.

Thank you
Hevver

you should not include details of potentially living people, so it might be an idea to edit the details of your post.

The marriage of the people you mention is included on the familysearch civil index as are a number of their children - the mothers maiden name is included in the index for these years.

I can pm the details to you .. if you have trouble finding them ..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Hevver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 October 09 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane

Thank you for your response, I have edited my post which will hopefully now be ok.

I have found the records that you have indicated but that's as far as I have been able to go.

Offline Juno1974

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 16 April 16 19:57 BST (UK) »
Although about 20 minutes drive from charleville town, you could maybe check areas in Tullylease, Freemount/Allow as these are all addresses in charleville here is a link to a family with a james nunan.  the spelling varies between noonan and nunan in my husbands family half his siblings are noonan and the other half are nunan.  With regard to businesses in charleville there is currently a JR Noonan sports and toy shop don't know if they are anything to do with what you are looking for. 

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cork/Allow/Muckenagh/417539/

Offline treegirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 April 16 20:38 BST (UK) »
Although about 20 minutes drive from charleville town, you could maybe check areas in Tullylease, Freemount/Allow as these are all addresses in charleville here is a link to a family with a james nunan.  the spelling varies between noonan and nunan in my husbands family half his siblings are noonan and the other half are nunan.  With regard to businesses in charleville there is currently a JR Noonan sports and toy shop don't know if they are anything to do with what you are looking for. 

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cork/Allow/Muckenagh/417539/

Hi Ursula -

JR Noonan is my family's business :-)

Haven't found any links with Nunans in the areas you mentioned, but appreciate your post :-) Will check with my uncles to see if they know of a link. I recognise the name Muckenagh, though!

Thank you for the link.

TreeGirl  :)