Author Topic: Old Dalbeth M.I.  (Read 63972 times)

Offline Al don

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Old Dalbeth M.I.
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi
Cant seem to PM 
would it be possible to send me per email any info re
O Donnell   86, 89

many many thanks
Alec

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 22:22 BST (UK) »
Alec, welcome to RootsChat  :)

You can't use the PM service until you have posted a couple of times on the main boards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry, I have a couple of  questions for you concerning the Old Dalbeth cemetery in which you have done a tremendous amount of work. I have been to the Archdiocese of Glasgow but, the poor lady that works there has so much stuff to do I don't wish to keep pestering her and ScotlandsPeople Catholic records give very little info outside of name and date. What I'm wondering is two fold; Is there anywhere where you can find a layout of the Old Dalbeth cemetery and who is buried in it and where(those whose headstones no longer exist and those who may have never had them), including if there is a common ground area? Also, is there any place where you can get more information about people buried in Old Dalbeth,like you would get on a regular death cert that would identify them more? I have several people that are buried in the Old Dalbeth whom I know are mine but, a few I'm not sure about and the Catholic listing only doesn't help and as they are in the Catholic listing they do not appear to have been required to have a regular death cert. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Kim

Offline gerryfarrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim,
The Mitchell Library has the burial and lair books for Old Dalbeth on microfilm, they have also been digitised by the Catholic archives in Edinburgh.
The burial records only give limited information Name, age, cause of death, lair no and cost of burial. The very early books have even less information.
Sadly there is no plan for Dalbeth to show its layout, however I have a rough self made one from tracing the lair numbers of the surviving headstone that I transcribed. The common ground was the area at the front nearest the main road.
Remember that after 1855 all deaths required to be registered and a certificate issued regardless of religion.
If you need anymore detailed info or photos of any headstones send me a pm.

Gerry

Hi Gerry, I have a couple of  questions for you concerning the Old Dalbeth cemetery in which you have done a tremendous amount of work. I have been to the Archdiocese of Glasgow but, the poor lady that works there has so much stuff to do I don't wish to keep pestering her and ScotlandsPeople Catholic records give very little info outside of name and date. What I'm wondering is two fold; Is there anywhere where you can find a layout of the Old Dalbeth cemetery and who is buried in it and where(those whose headstones no longer exist and those who may have never had them), including if there is a common ground area? Also, is there any place where you can get more information about people buried in Old Dalbeth,like you would get on a regular death cert that would identify them more? I have several people that are buried in the Old Dalbeth whom I know are mine but, a few I'm not sure about and the Catholic listing only doesn't help and as they are in the Catholic listing they do not appear to have been required to have a regular death cert. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Kim
Farrell / Mcpolan / Devlin / Flood / Kelly/ McGovern/ McCormick
Letham / Leatham / Cattanach/ ODonnell/ BoyleRoss/ McLeod
McAnaw/McInaw/McNay/ Finn/ Eliott
Pollock / Hyslop/ Elder/ Renfrew/ Hart/ Brydon

Motherwell / Anderson / Tradeston / Govan/ Bridgegate/ Aberdeen / Old Machar/ Lanarkshire/ Leadhills/ Penpont/ Muirkirk

1st Royals

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday 04 March 15 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Gerry, thankyou so very much for that. I am returning to the Mitchell on Monday and try that. The only thing is one of the two that I'm most interested in died in 1856 and there is no corresponding death cert for her to be had just the info in the Catholic records. Thanks again, Kim

Offline suzanne burgess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Monday 14 December 15 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Could you please send info on the Doherty 35 Gallacher 41 42 43 ,I am not sure if they are family,but would like to make sure.

Regards Sue

Suzannelb777@gmail.com

Offline bonatello

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Sunday 10 January 16 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry , It seems you are the " Go To Expert " on Old Dalbeth Cemetery ... My Great grandfather Daniel McCormick died age 62 in 1941 was  buried in that cemetery , and I believe his father  Daniel McCormicks died age 78 in 1931 may be buried there also .... I wonder if any stone matching them has been photographed ...or any way of locating the graves is possible  ? Hope you can help ... Cheers  Steve McCormick

Offline emmy22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Friday 04 March 16 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gerry
Thank you for collecting and collating all the info and photos on Dalbeth.   If you are still available to assist, I am looking for a Bridget O'Neill buried in Section 11, Division E, Lair 262.  Date of death was 7 May 1952.  I tried a search online but didn't come up with anything from FinadaGrave.
Many thanks.
emmy

Offline suzanne burgess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Friday 04 March 16 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Gallacher   41, 42, 43
Dougherty   35
Docherty   31
Hi Gerry, Could you please send details of these people, being my family I hope, especially the Gallacher name, I would be very grateful.
Suzanne
Australia