Author Topic: Matthew Fortescue  (Read 19686 times)

Offline SearchingJerry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Fortescue
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

That is great news.  ;D
If you post one more time, you should get access to private posts.
Then we can share our normal emails.

Once you have sent one more post, then click on my searchingJerry name and a new window will open. At the bottom of that window you should find

a link with the text "Send this RootsChatter a personal message."

This is where you can send me a private message.
Looking forward greatly to hearing from you.
Jerry

Offline SearchingJerry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 22 May 10 16:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Moascar, (or is it Robert Bruce, like your father?)

I really hope you read this, as we are 2nd cousins once removed and I would love to learn about your side of the family.

I would love to make contact wit you but this is proving to be impossible. If you provide one more public post then we can exchange private postings.

Can anyone else advice me. Is there a way via Rootchat to privately share my email address with Moascar.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 22 May 10 16:19 BST (UK) »
moascar should be able to send and receive private messages once they have made 3 posts, then you can send details directly - including your email address

see : http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline niteowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 26 September 10 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I have just come across this site whilst researching the Wood/Ferguson family, and have some info which may help you. I have been working from the Ferguson family bible. It starts in 1783 with the marriage of Hugh Ferguson and Grizzell Robertson 2.5.1783 in Neilston Renfrewshire  Hugh 1762-1831 and Grissel 1767-1851.  They had 10 children, all born in Neilston, Renfrewshire.  Grizzell, their 3rd daughter born 8.3.1788 married Robert Wood on 19.7.1806.  Robert Wood was born 15.5.1782 Corbieshaw? Lanarkshire.  Robert and Grizzel had 12 children: Grizzel b. 1806, James b. 1809, both born Fauldheads, Neilston, Renfrewshire. Robert b.1811, Hugh b. 1814, Ann b. 1816, thomas b. 1818 and Margaret b. 1820. All born in Ayrshire.  John b. 1822, Agnes b. 1825, Marion Grace b. 1827, Mathew Fortescue b. 1829 and Robert b. 1831 All born in Louth, Ireland.  Their daughter Margaret married a Thomas Robertson in Glasgow 27.10.1870 and they lived in Edinburgh.  It was in their home that Grizzel/Grace died in 18.8.1878.  On the death certificate it is recorded that she was the widow of Robert Bruce Wood, Land Steward and Farmer.  This is the first time Robert Wood is referred to as  Robert Bruce Wood.  I have been unsuccessful in tracing Roberts parents, but he did have an elder brother James b. 1781 Lanark and I have been successful in tracing his family to present time in Lanark/Edinburgh and Fife.  I hope my info is of help to  you.   regards Shiela

Offline SearchingJerry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 26 September 10 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Shiela.

This is absolutely fantastic.  ;D ;D ;D. Thank you so much.

I think we might be able to help each other. I have additional information, as I spent the last two summer holidays researching and learning more. (2009 in Scotland and this year in Ireland).

I would like to exchange information with you privately.

After one has made three public posts we can communicate privately between each other. Thus if you reply to this twice, I think that would be sufficient.

I would LOVE to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

Offline niteowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 27 September 10 16:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying to my message so quickly  Best wishes Shiela

Offline niteowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 27 September 10 16:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying so qickly to my message  Shiela

Offline CWood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 23 October 17 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Moascar - I'm interested in your progress on the the Matthew Fortescue line - I have the details 5 MFW's from 1860 onwards.