Author Topic: Whalen or Fitzgerald surnames  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Darran19

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whalen or Fitzgerald surnames
« on: Tuesday 13 January 09 09:10 GMT (UK) »
I am writing to see if anyone can help with my family ancestry. I have traced my family name back to Tralee County of Kerry. My relatives name was John Whalen and he was born on January 9th, 1858, his parents names were Jeremiah Whalen and Julia Fitzgerald. Other than the information posted I know nothing else, but would appreciate any help possible.

Offline Bill713

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whalen or Fitzgerald surnames
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 February 15 18:21 GMT (UK) »
John Whelan was my Great Grandfather Jeremiah Whelan and Julia Fritzgerald were his parents they were married on 18th of Feb 1857 in Tralee. Great Grandfather John Whelan came to the US around 1879 and settled in Irwin. I have alot of info on John Whelans family in the US.

Bill

Offline Bill713

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whalen or Fitzgerald surnames
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 March 15 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Yep That is them
John        Whelan Married Married Mary Ann O'Holleran they lived in Irwin Pa and had 14 children 5              died in infancy the                   
Mary        Whelan Married name was Rohan she had 2 children that dies in infancy
Catherine Whelan Married name was Stack she stayed in Ireland
Loretta    Whelan became a Nun wth the Sisters of Mercy in Little Rock Arkansas
Johanna  Whelan Married name was Savage Lived in Pittsburgh Pa and had 4 children (Mary,      :)Lawrence,Kathry and John)
 Julia        Whelan Married name was Brown lived in Derry Pa. and had 3 children (William,Harry and 
                           Jerome)