Author Topic: Albert Edward Tudor born Wales 1875 lived in Niagara City  (Read 7081 times)

Offline abeer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Edward Tudor born Wales 1875 lived in Niagara City
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 January 09 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shelleyesq,
 Thank you very much for your help - I will give that website a try !!

Regards and best wishes,
Alison
Liverpool - Hulm /Reichardt
Wrexham - Hulmes/ Roberts
Cheshire - Walker /Fellowes
Corwen - Jones / Matthews
Denbigh - Wynne
Denbighshire/ Flintshire Roberts / Francis/ Griffiths

Offline abeer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 January 09 11:23 GMT (UK) »
What a fantastic website!!

I found out that Price Tudor was indeed a death house keeper for 8 years at Singsing prison and he was definitely present at the execution of 2 infamous convicts who were named in the press. :o :o
 He worked at Wingate prison latterly as a timekeeper.

In 1920 he was the subject of quite a bit of press attention due to the actions of his wife - a much younger woman called Beatrice born about 1896 ( not yet sure of her maiden name as her mother had remarried) who fell in love with a younger man only to be rejected by him - she then took poison when with him and tried to commit suicide at her young lovers side! :o :o
It transpired (so she said) that she was being blackmailed by him so that Price Tudor would not find out about her lover. She survived and Price forgave her - but it seems that the marriage did not last as there is no mention of him being married amongst the senior family members - no idea at all!

Still no info yet on Albert Tudor - he had 2 surviving daughters Mary Agnes and Ruth - except that Price may have returned to live in Niagara city with his brother upon retirement from the prison service.

Alison
Liverpool - Hulm /Reichardt
Wrexham - Hulmes/ Roberts
Cheshire - Walker /Fellowes
Corwen - Jones / Matthews
Denbigh - Wynne
Denbighshire/ Flintshire Roberts / Francis/ Griffiths

Offline RDERYKEVANS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 March 18 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alison
My name is Richard Evans I am the great grandson of Martha Ann Tudor the sister of Albert and Price Tudor. My grandmother was Florence Bray and my Father was Derek Evans. My father when he was alive did lots of research into the Bray/Tudor families and i have picked up the mantel in carrying this on after he passed away. I have found the posts on Albert Edward and Price extremely interesting and would love to share what I have and get in touch if that is ok with you.
Regards
Richard

Offline bkrusac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I am the great-granddaughter of Mary Agnes Tudor. I'm so glad I happened upon this thread to find out more information about her family. Please let me know if you'd like my information and we can touch base.

-Beth

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 May 18 05:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

In case you need Price Tudor's obituary...here it is in the Niagara Falls Gazette, Aug 28 1961, page 11

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01m2y/

(from the Fulton Postcards site..  http://www.fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html )

RK

Offline stephen7

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 June 21 22:26 BST (UK) »
good evening everyone.
   my wife is the great granddaughter of their sister gertrude. I am currently trying to find out more on these brothers. I know albert worked for a power company and family rumours are that he actually did some work on the falls. I have recently found out that rice was a captain of the guards at sing sing. We actually live in LLay and maybe able to help regarding the area. I don't know when this original post is from but hopefully some of you are still members here and this message will get through to you all.
  thanks
   stephen7
watson,smith,(cambridge)cadle,(gloucester)hutton,utton, phenix,(norfolk)tarleton,paterson,sommerville,stephenson ( lanarkshire) ,walker, lewis, mordecai,sparks,(glamorgan),bolitho. (cornwall)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 10 June 21 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Albert E Tudor's obituary is in the Niagara Falls Gazette, Sept 30 1961 - from the free site
https://www.fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html

RK

Offline bkrusac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 10 June 21 00:43 BST (UK) »
I am the great-great-granddaughter of Albert. His daughter, my great-grandmother is Mary Agnes. My grandmother (her daughter) and mother are both still living so if there's something I don't know the answer to I can see if either of them know.

Your recollection of Albert and Price is correct as far as them working at the power plant and Sing Sing respectively. Ironically, Albert's daughter Mary Agnes married another Albert also, Albert John Cross.

I'd be happy to share any information I may have. I'm on Facebook also...profile pic is me laying in the grass with a blue shirt.

Offline stephen7

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 11 June 21 11:13 BST (UK) »
 hi again, and thanks for replying.
  I live in llay and my wife's family were born and bred here, so if i can help in anyway from this side ( photos etc ) feel free to ask. it seems they did indeed spend a lot of time travelling back and forth . I wonder what they did, where they stayed when back over here. albert was mentioned a few times within the family as the man who worked on niagara falls, and price as the brother who went with him but came home. no mention of him working in a notorious prison though. think i need to try and find out more about him. I  will have a look to see if i can find you on facebook,
  stephen7
watson,smith,(cambridge)cadle,(gloucester)hutton,utton, phenix,(norfolk)tarleton,paterson,sommerville,stephenson ( lanarkshire) ,walker, lewis, mordecai,sparks,(glamorgan),bolitho. (cornwall)