Author Topic: mary catherine o'shea  (Read 16609 times)

Offline bobstree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary catherine o'shea
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 12 July 09 17:49 BST (UK) »
Isky,
Can you share with me again your linkage into our O'Shea family?

Thanks
Bob

Offline Isky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 02:31 BST (UK) »
Bob:  My grandmother Margaret Anne O'Shea was the daughter (born 5/12/1890) of Michael O'Shea and Margaret O'Reilly of Caherciveen.  She came to the United States in 1910.  Michael O'Shea's father was Bartholomew Shea and his mother was Catharine Clifford.  Isky

Offline bobstree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 02:54 BST (UK) »
Isky, Have we corresponded before?  I am in contact with your relatives Eilleen Avazian and Anne B. Keating.  What is your linkage to these ladies.  I am descended from John V O'Shea (my g-grandfather) who was Margaret's brother. John's daughter (my grandmother) is still alive and living in Newfoundland at age 95.    I visited while on vacation last week in fact. 

I found the record of your grandmother and Michael coming to NY on Ancestry and passed it along to Berni.  Would love to hear more from you and your line of the tree.

Regards
Bob

Offline Isky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, Bob:  Yes, we have already been in touch -- I am using "Isky" on this site but you know me as Eileen Ayvazian!  You are a very good detective.  Hope all is well with you.  How was your visit with your aunt?  Sad news about Berni's father.  Till next time.  Eileen

Offline bobstree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 17:10 BST (UK) »
Aileen,
Great to hear from you!  I had a great visit with my Aunt Aileen in DC a couple of months ago and I had a great visit with my 95 year old grandmother last week.  She is John O'Shea's daughter...would be your mother's generation.  If you need a lookup in the Keating Book, an old genealogy friend (Des Steele) has a copy here in Ontario and even has the edits that need to be made in the next iteration.  I have his email and corresponded with him lately as well.

Bob

Offline Isky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 16 July 09 02:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob:  Good to hear from you.  Lucky you that you have your aunt and grandmother to visit.  I wish mine mom and grandmother were still here.  They'd be thrilled with all this communication with the newly discovered relatives.  I did reach out to June Keating in New Zealand and am now in possession of my own copy of "The Keatings of Caherciveen, County Kerry".  It's a bit dense; however, when I have time, I will study it and I'm sure I'll find many interesting connections.  Hope you have a lovely summer.  Ta ta for now.  Eileen

Offline anakeating

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 22 September 11 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Ana Keating and I am one of the 18 grandchildren of Patrick Aloysius Keating and Adélia de Azeredo, daughter of their son Francisco de Paula, the youngest of their four children, who died in Angola in 1962.
I would like to contact Brendan, whom I think I've met in Ireland when I first visited my Irish family, many years ago. I live in Lisbon, Portugal, and regret to inform you that Patrick Keating, my 95 y.o. uncle who lived in Oporto, has died in August this year.

Offline anakeating

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 22 September 11 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, Eileen, I hope you can identify me after the message I posted before. I read you found what I believe is a book, "The Keatings of Cahirciveen". I would love to have it too, so please be so kind as to let me know how I can get it. Thanks in advance, Ana

Offline Brendan Joseph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 23 September 11 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Anna,

I am the Brendan you met, I am very sorry to hear about Paddy.

My email is: (*)

Brendan

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php