Author Topic: ROWSE/ROUSE/ROUS Family - Truro and local area  (Read 32389 times)

Offline Peter Rickard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROWSE/ROUSE/ROUS Family - Truro and local area
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 May 09 11:36 BST (UK) »
Good Evening Graham

Quite by accident I was going through my own family notes and cames across a William Rowse who married a Madeline Ena Rickard circa 1936.   Unfortunately I have no details of where the wedding took place.   Just wondering if William happens to be on a branch of your tree?

Regards
Peter Rickard
Melbourne Australia

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 May 09 12:02 BST (UK) »
WAS THE ANTHONIUS ROWSE THE ONE YOU ASKED ABOUT
SYLVIA
notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rebecca Rouse

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 June 10 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I hear, that you are trying to find out info about the Rouse Family in Cornwall. Col David Rouse who past away last year was my uncle and sadly my father passed away 7 years ago. My uncle had 3 sons Martin who still lives in Cornwall, John who lives in Sweden, and Charles who lives in Australia. he also has a daughter who lives in Scotland. I live in Kent with my husband and two daughters. if you find out any info regarding our ancestor please let me know.

Rebecca

Offline DSR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
I might be able to help.

I decend from the Rouse family ( although not your line ).  I'm in contact with Prof J Street who wrote The Geneology of the Rouses.  Jack Streets friend and co-writer Dr Peters,  may also post on these forums as well.

I have also spent many years studying the Rouse lines.

If you want to PM me more details, I will take a look and see what I can find.

Offline RustyNuts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 August 10 22:56 BST (UK) »
hI,

I have a separate post on Rootschat about Richard Roose, a tailor, son of either Richard or John Roose, born Truro c1817.  By 1841 he was living in Wales

I wondered if the Roose name could be a variation of Rouse? Does the research discussed here cover the early 1800s? 

Tks

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi, We have the book by John Street, and I have been in sporadic touch with Dr Peters too.  Anyone in touch, please give them my best regards.  Still searching after 16 years, for Grace Rowse, mother of Edward Langman Rowse (b. 1778 Totnes, Devon, illig.).   Grace left the baby in parish care and married a Henry Beedle by special licence in Totnes the following year.  Naturally the CRO does not hold that  licence in the archive.  So where did Grace come from and where did she go?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Michael Ball

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 October 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
I am interested in any connections with the ROWSE family and St. Agnes Cornwall.
Anthony Rowse was born circa 1799 and married Ann (unknown surname) around 1824.
Eventually Anthony moved to Mary Tavy Devon and was connected with the mining industry there.
One of his children was Agness (born 1833) married first ......Sargent. She then married Josiah Richards Ball who was a mining engineer. Agness and Josiah both died in Minera, Wales.
I am researching the BALL family and would like to find information about the marriage of Agness Rowse and her first husband.
Michael Ball

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional
Wakeley - Kent county, England
Ball - Mary Tavy, Devon county
Ball - Minera, Wales
Dowler - Birmingham
Duncombe - mainly Ontario
Pattison - Aberdeen, Scotland

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 18 October 10 21:01 BST (UK) »
Very sorry I can't help with any Cornish branches although I am convinced they must all join up somehow.  And yes, I do think Roose is highly likely to be a variant bearing in mind that most people did not write, they just mumbled their name with an accent, and someone else, quite possibly deaf, tired or in a hurry, wrote down what they thought they heard.  Shakespeare is said to have spelled his own name five different ways!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline a_j_m_

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 17 January 11 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  This is my first post to this site so please forgive any mistakes.
I read the post by Peter Rickard.  I have a James Hele Rowse b 1839 Harford married to a Sarah Ann Rickard.  Her father Cornelius Rickard was b abt 1800 <Saint Mellion> Cornwall, ENG.  James immigrated to Canada with his family in 1855 to Ontario. 

I have 3 Williams Rowse's in a row born in Devon abt 1590, 1616 Plympton, St. Mary, Devon, and abt 1645 Devon.  The 3rd one married Jane Hawkin(g)s in 1669 and had a son John b 1682 who mar Thomasin Richards in 1718 Devon.  Their daughter Sarah had an illegitimate son by a TURPIN and named the child John Turpin Rowse b 1747.  His son James Hele Rowse b 1790 Harford Devon, had a son James Hele Rowse b  1814 and this last James is the father of the James born 1839 (in the 1st paragraph)

Any chance my Devon Rowse ancestors are kin to your William?
Cornelius Rickard's father James was b 1770  and d 1830 in Saint Mellion, Cornwall and was mar to Sasanna Curties

Best Regards
a_j_m_