Author Topic: MOREY, England (pref. Worcester)  (Read 9211 times)

Offline ponsychick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MOREY, England (pref. Worcester)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 January 13 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz

What is the last name of rosalie in salt water creek? how can i contact her?
George johnson did work for mello. also emmanuel holst was a good friend of mello and married myras sister.
i have also found half brother nicolass dying in south africa, but havent researched further to make sure its the right one.

how are you related? who are your descendents? just trying to figure out where you fit in, in my head.

Karen

Offline CampmotherNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 December 13 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I just typed in Mello Schenkel as he was my great great...grandfather. I am a 5th generation New Zealand descendant. My Aunty has studied the family geneology in depth and would know a lot more. There are Schenkels in the South Island of New Zealand, including the Kings, but my Grandparents moved to the Waikato, North Island when my Dad was 15 and were Dairy Farmers. My Dad, his sister and brother are still living in the North Island. My cousins live in England and New Zealand. Be great to have a family reunion. Feel free to contact us.

Offline ponsychick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 December 13 05:05 GMT (UK) »
hi camp mother

My grandparents also moved to the waikato with 5 kids. alex and elsie schenkel.
I have managed to find out quite a bit about myra and mello and their descendents , but am now looking for journals, diaries etc that any of them may have kept. Am trying to contact south island relations but they not very forthcoming!!!
what is your name? mine is karen

cheers

Offline CampmotherNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 December 13 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas Karen :) This is your Couz Maree. We're at Waitawheta Camp. Give me a call or visit anytime.

Offline LizzyjNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 January 15 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi ponsychick

If you are descended for Alex and Elsie then you are related to Joan Maxwell, she has written a book that I mentioned earlier that contains a lot of information on Alex and his father Arthur,  there is also a book that my grandmother wrote that was all the old farm diaries of the family, Joan has updated this and made it far more readable apparently (I haven't seen her book).  maybe get in contact with her and she will know a lot about the diaries and I know she knows a lot about the south island family.

Good luck
Liz