Author Topic: Possible marriage Jane Williams  (Read 2483 times)

Offline gwyilliams

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Possible marriage Jane Williams
« on: Sunday 25 January 09 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Am looking for a possible marriage of Jane Williams, baptized 27 Mar 1815 at Llanrhos, Llandudno, between 1825 and 1837. Spouse not known.  Jane's father was William Williams and her Mother was Margaret Owen. I don't know very much about Jane other than her birth was at Pant Y Ffynnon, Llanrhos about 1815. Thanks for any help in this
Robert Williams

Offline janetto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Possible marriage Jane Williams
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 22:21 GMT (UK) »
 Hello Robert Williams, I'm sorry I can't help with information about the marriage of the Jane Williams born about 1815 Llandudno.  We have come across the reference to her baptism on the IGI and believe she was a sister to Robert Williams born Llandudno circa 1813 with parents William and Margaret.  He moved to Liverpool and married an Elizabeth Baylis (from Maryport, Cumberland) there, in 1841 at Liverpool St David's - the first Church in England with services in Welsh, and worked as a porter and warehouseman.  We believe that Robert was my husband's great grandfather, and would love to know any more of the family, if you have any more to tell.  Do you know if there were any other siblings?  His best man at his wedding was a Henry Williams, and he gave his father's occupation as farmer.  We would welcome any snippets of information.  Cheers for now Janetto

Offline gwyilliams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Janetto,
Good to hear from you, as I think that you may have something there.  I do have a pretty good tree of the Williams's and would love to share it with you.  Yes there are many siblings, through several generations to present.
My Robert Williams, was Bapt. 27 Jun 1813 and Died 23 Jun 1875 at Llanrhos Caernarvonshire, Gravestone indicates late of Liverpool, he had a daughter, Margaret who lived at Ty'n Rhewl the family farm.
If you would like to see that family branch tell me how I could send it to you and I'll do my bests.
Kindest regard, Robert Williams

Offline janetto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 February 09 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again Robert,
Many thanks for replying.  I was delighted at the possibility of a family link as we might be able to clear up some mysteries that have been perplexing us. 
At the moment I have a family tree on Genes Reunited; a bit later I believe I might be able to communicate more privately on Rootschat when I have posted more queries/messages here.  If I can't reach you on the Genes Reunited site, (where I am known as Janet) I'll get back in touch here.  A family tree member to search for and make the link to me on 'Genes Reunited' would be Elizabeth Baylis 1818.  All the best for now Janette Williams.

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Janetto. I have just come across this and hope you are still interested. Robert married my great grand mother's sister. She was Elizabeth Baylis born 1818 in Maryport, Cumberland. Parents Thomas Baylis and Margaret. I have a fairly good tree under the name Alan Williams in Ancestry. Note: I am NOT related to your Williams's of Llanrhos although I happen to now live there.

You may have noticed that one of their children has Baylis as a middle name. Cheers Alan
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 June 17 12:49 BST (UK) »
Dear gwyilliams. Have you tried the parish records in Llandudno RO. I can do that if you like. My interest is that Robert, her brother wed Elizabeth Baylis who was sister of my g.gran Jane born 1821. Jane is a witness on the marriage cert. Cheers, Humphpaul.
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 June 17 13:33 BST (UK) »
There seems to be common interest with this other current thread wherein there is a Robert Owen of Pant y F(f)yn(n)on baptised 1818,listed under Eglwys-Rhos/Llanrhos.I will reference this thread on that one also.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=771933.msg6252734#msg6252734

Regards
Roger

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 June 17 16:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks despair, yes but I do not know anything about Robert Owen. My only connection is with Elizabeth Baylis. Cheers Humphpaul