Author Topic: FRASER - Marykirk  (Read 3896 times)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RIP Grandma 17/01/1923-27/06/2012
    • View Profile
FRASER - Marykirk
« on: Sunday 25 January 09 14:59 GMT (UK) »
My 4xG Grandmother Elizabeth FRASER b 2 Dec 1813 (bp 5 Dec 1813) to "Simon FRASER and his wife Mary USHER".
I have the baptism dates of Elizabeth's 3 siblings - Mary (26 Jan 1812), Anna Maria (25 Feb 1816) and James (23 Jul 1817) which all state Simon FRASER and Mary USHER.

I can't find a marriage for them though. Any suggestions or clues please?
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FRASER - Marykirk
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 January 09 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kia

The records are mainly for marriages in  the Church of Scotland. Various forms of marriage were legal in Scotland until 1940. See this for a detailed discussion:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,348725.msg2272828.html#msg2272828

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RIP Grandma 17/01/1923-27/06/2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 January 09 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Well, that probably explains the "marriage" of my great grandparents, and could certainly be the case here.
Thanks again Gadget, you are a fountain of knowledge =)
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 January 09 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Not me, Kia - I just have a good memory and JAP has written that info out a few times - it's very thorough  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline MissJulie76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 October 17 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have just discovered that i am descended from Simon Fraser and Mary Usher!
Only started on this branch of our tree.
I was born a Fraser.
Would be lovely to be in touch, Kia!
I look forward to hearing from you,
Yours sincerely,
Julie Robert xx