Author Topic: Cil Bach, Llangedwyn  (Read 11862 times)

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cil Bach, Llangedwyn
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 December 12 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Janey, that's interesting, I wonder if they're related to 'my' Vaughans.  Next time the film is on TV I will watch it with renewed interest  :)

Jean

Offline Samantha2911

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 06 December 12 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello, everyone,
I too am Looking at possible links with Cil Bach. 

I am looking for my great great great Grandfather William Vaughan. who I had believed was living in Wrexham Wales. 

His Son Samuel (my great great GF)  left the family under a cloud of shame I believe, with an unmarried pregnancy and moved to London. 

I can see from the William Vaughan that lived in Cilbach that 2 of his sons, were Print compositors which was the same vocation as Samuel when he came to london. So I am wondering if I have found my great great Grandfather, does anyone have any light they could shed on this.   

p.s I learnt from another source that there was a William Vaughan Born 15th May 1793 to father  Richard Vaughan a Farmer in Acton not far way with a wife Elizabeth.   This William was baptised 17th June in Wrexham Parish church. William went on to marry a Mary JONES in 1816 on February 17th in the Parish of Llanrhydd near Ruthin which is about 16 miles from Wrexham (but I can't find any records YET!)  I have found a  Samuel who was born in 1824 in Little Acton, Wrexham which is next door to Acton.

On the 1851 census William and Mary are still together with many children but not Samuel. He was living in St.Mary Newington,Lambeth,London at 23,St.Davids Street to be exact and he is married to Maria who was born in Bermondsey and their two children William and Edward F. aged 2 an 5 months born in Horsley Down,Surrey and St.Mary Newington respectively.

I would love any pictures of the graves that would be amazing and if I can help anyone by return please ask.
Best wishes Samantha

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 December 12 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Samantha

Welcome to rootschat, I will have a look through my notes when I have a chance to see if I can find a connection with your info - I'm just about to start some painting in my living room, but I will get back to you.

Jean  :)

Offline Samantha2911

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 06 December 12 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Thats very kind of you, I have hit a brick wall with this one Hope the painting goes well

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 08 December 12 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Samantha

I'm taking a break from painting so I had a look through my records to see if I could find any connections but I couldn't find one.  My ggg grandfather William Vaughan was born in 1800 in Llangedwyn.  He was a farmer and Cil Bach was the name of the farm.  He had two sons Robert and Edward who I think worked on the farm.  Unfortunately I haven't  been able to find any connection with the names Richard or Samuel or with print compositors.  Sorry about that. The find my past website has Welsh parish records that might be useful to you.

Jean

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 08 December 12 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Samantha

Just in case you have not seen it.this is perhaps the 1812 will of your Richard Vaughan of Acton:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0shm/

Regards
Roger

Offline dekjones

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 17 April 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Samantha

Welcome to rootschat, I will have a look through my notes when I have a chance to see if I can find a connection with your info - I'm just about to start some painting in my living room, but I will get back to you.

Hi Jean
I am related to the Jones family who lived in Cilbach in the later part of the 19th century.
My relative was Thomas Jones who married Hannah Vaughan one of the daughters of William Vaughan.
The family moved to Wrexham in 1890 and although both died in 1922 they are both buried in Llangedwyn.
I have more info on the Vaughan family.
Regards
Derek

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek

Welcome to rootschat.  My great great grandmother was Hannah's sister Margaret Vaughan, she moved to Birkenhead and married David Davies.

It would be good if we could swap Vaughan info.

Thank you

Offline roxy318

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 08 August 19 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Alastair,
I spent a lot of time during WWII staying with your aunt Dr Flora Macdonald and uncle Rev. Thomas Cowan Davies in Llangedwyn.  Was your father Flora's brother?  Do you have any other information about either of them?  I'd also like to know what happened to their house - Llas Ucha(??)

Roxane