Author Topic: Commissioned Officers - Royal Army Medical Corps  (Read 19789 times)

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Commissioned Officers - Royal Army Medical Corps
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Margaret Trivedi returned to England, into Liverpool, on the Strathhaver. 24th May 1945

Occupation: Nurse. Address in UK: T Reilly, New Hunter Field, Gorebridge, Midlothian. Country of intended permanent residence; Scotland.

No children mentioned.

Offline Amar Prakash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hey sgf28,

Thanks a lot for your detailed information.. Yes this is absolutely right.. wow i can't imagine that am finally getting closer to finding the details of my grandfather. My mother used to mention the fact that he was married to someone called Margaret and had children from her and this is so overwhelming to finally have been confirmed. All her life she has been looking for these details so that one day she can make peace with the fact that she has a sister living in some corner of the world and that she would surely like to touch base with their next generation.

you've really put a huge smile on my face am so excited to inform her tomorrow about my findings with the help of people in this forum.

While i continue my endeavor to find more details about his life i'd love to hear if you find anything else.. in due course shall share his picture here as well.

Oh yes i forgot to mention that my grand father was also awarded the victoria cross during his time in the medical corps (either the RAMC or IAMC)

Thanks a million.

Offline Amar Prakash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Thats my Grandfather pic whilst he was studying in Edinburgh

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 27 January 18 17:14 GMT (UK) »
He was definitely in the Indian Army Medical Corps, he is listed as such in the London Gazette of 29 November 1945 in the list of the awards of a Mention in Despatches.  He was not a VC recipient.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia