Author Topic: Commissioned Officers - Royal Army Medical Corps  (Read 19809 times)

Offline Amar Prakash

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Commissioned Officers - Royal Army Medical Corps
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 January 18 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi.

I am looking for whatever information could be available about my Grand Father Maj Dr Vidya Sagar Trivedi who studied at the Edinburgh University was part of the Ramc.

I would be overwhelmed if I could find details about his life and his speculated marriage to a British / Scottish national.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Amar Prakash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 January 18 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi;

I am looking for whatever information could be available about my Grand Father Maj Dr Vidya Sagar Trivedi who studied at the Edinburgh University was part of the Ramc.

I would be overwhelmed if I could find details about his life and his speculated marriage to a British / Scottish national.

Thanks in advance.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 16:48 GMT (UK) »
His only appearance on line as far as I can see is in a list of students listing him as registered in Scotland in 1929 having studied at King George's Medical College Lucknow Aug 1st 1928 and others in India..

He does not appear in the Wellcome Library book "Commissioned Officers in the Medical Services of the British Army 1660-1960".  He does not come up at the National Archives.  This suggests he did not serve in the RAMC.

However, there is a Major NS Trivedi who served in the Indian Army Medical Corps in World War 2 (I find reference only, no detail).  He could well have served alongside the RAMC.   Here is the guide to finding records http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/indian-army-personnel/

I find no marriage but I have access only to England and Wales so if he married in Scotland you would need to look in Scotlands People (or someone may be able to look for you).  If he married in India the British Library may be able to help http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/contact.aspx

I find a death registration in Brent London Oct 1999 giving date of birth 12 Jan 1912.

Good luck

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Amar Prakash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hey Max,

Thank you for your response and I appreciate you taking out time to help me find details of my grandfather. I’m Sure that the record of the education in Lucknow you have is hid itself however he was Maj VS Trivedi and don’t know if there could be a duplication of the same dates but diff people. My grandfather passed in 1986 hence cant be sure if it’s the same person your speaking of. BecaUse you mention there is a death registered in 1999. All other details you mention are right

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 17:01 GMT (UK) »
The Lucknow reference is simply listing the previous medical training received by him before he began training in Edinburgh, at that time he has no rank, he was just a student.  The date of death I found should be ignored, the date of birth was 1912 which cannot be your grandfather.

The most significant finding though is that he does not appear in the definitive listing of RAMC Officers and there is no officers record for him at the National Archives.  I suggest you follow the National Archives guide  as he most likely served in the Indian Army Medical Corps.

Good luck

MaxD

I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:06 GMT (UK) »
There is a passenger record for a Vidyasagar Trivedi, age 27, born 1907 , doctor, leaving from London to Bombay on Viceroy of India. Date of departure: 15th February 1934.

Last address in UK: 11 George Square, Edinburgh. Country of future permanent residence; India

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:17 GMT (UK) »
A possible marriage with a Scottish link in 1932:

Vidyasagar Trivedi
Margaret Reilly

St Giles Edinburgh
685/4 1069

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Think this maybe his wife leaving for Bombay with a child:

6th September 1935, on the Moldavia

Margaret Trivedi, age 21, last permanent UK address: Reilly, 60 New Hunterfield, Gorebridge. Country of intended permanent residence: India

Bala Trivedi, age one, female

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Looks like there were two children born to the marriage in Scotland:

Suniti Devi Trivedi, female, born 1933 Edinburgh. Died 1933 St Andrew, Edinburgh

Bala Devi Trivedi, female, born 1934 George Square.