Author Topic: Darbyshires in Leeds-Sarah Ellen b1881  (Read 2756 times)

Offline 2ron2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Darbyshires in Leeds-Sarah Ellen b1881
« on: Sunday 01 February 09 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone. My great grandmother was Sarah Ellen Darbyshire b 7 Nov 1881, d/o William Darbyshire 1856-? and Ellen Eliza Clayton 1853-1893. When Ellen died, the children: Sarah, Edith, Samuel, William, John James and Joseph were dispersed with family. Sarah and Edith became Beranardo Home Children and were sent to Canada in 1896. Sarah married and lived in Norwood Ontario, husband was Frank Kelly, she died in 1941. Edith married Francis Watson and they went to Saskatchewan, Canada, she died in 1958. Samuel appears to stay with his father and married Cecila Wade in 1912. William appears on the 1901 census and then "disappears". I know nothing of John James. Joseph is listed as a "waife" and he marries Edith Seldon in 1915. Joseph establishes contact with his sisters in Canada in 1922, by way of the Beranardo Home but I know no more on his life.

Sarah's father William was the son of John Darbyshire and Sarah Strothard, one of 8 known children. John's father was a Peter Darbyshire, I believe born in 1792, died 1852. Any help on the "missing links" of this line would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
Canada